MERGED-->U2 on 60 Minutes November 20th + 5 more minutes with the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:

rattle and hum was a huge seller!

I don't think they paid too much attention to it. They just showed 2 of the most popular... JT and AB, and the 2 latest ones, right?

Well, I must say, that was a really good segment! New quotes! ("You are out of your tiny mind." Lots of laughs! Moments with members of the band not called Bono!

Well done, 60 Minutes.

Just watched it on the west coast. What a great interview. Bono was so excited in describing his love of the music.

The footage from Milan was insane. It was just beautiful, and hearing the crowd singing really moves me. This better be a DVD too.

I got it on DVD so I can watch it over and over........until the Milan DVD comes out.:wink:

Got it on tape on my bedroom VCR, and Moxied it (my cable's version of Tivo) on my other TV. Just brings tears of joys to my eyes :hug:

corianderstem said:
Well, I must say, that was a really good segment! New quotes! ("You are out of your tiny mind." Lots of laughs! Moments with members of the band not called Bono!

Well done, 60 Minutes.

The moments with Edge, Larry and Adam were hilarious. They were so casual and relaxed like when Edge asked for the champagne. I also enjoyed Bono's comment on the Beatles because it shows the band's awareness that they are entering a realm where few have tread. There understanding of this achievement could fuel their careers for at least another decade.

RedrocksU2 said:

...I like this statement. :up:

I have often wondered if the boys have thought about themselves in that way. I guess they do realize they are special. Sometimes when you hear celebrities say stuff like " I still love doing what I'm doing" or " I'm never quitting", it's just rhetoric or interview fluff. I have been concerned that maybe Bono just says this just to reassure the fans but after seeing his remarks in this context, I truly believe that they lots left in the tank and have the motivation to continue for years to come.

BTW, congrats to all the fans in the rest of the world (not NA or Europe) who are getting some U2 love next year, y'all deserve it.:applaud:

I really didn't have high hopes for this. I thought it would be just the same old quotes we have heard a million times, but it wasn't.

Also, Ed Bradley seems to be a bit more music-savvy than I thought. Was he the one who did the Bob Dylan interview a few months back?

trevster2k said:

I have often wondered if the boys have thought about themselves in that way. I guess they do realize they are special. Sometimes when you hear celebrities say stuff like " I still love doing what I'm doing" or " I'm never quitting", it's just rhetoric or interview fluff. I have been concerned that maybe Bono just says this just to reassure the fans but after seeing his remarks in this context, I truly believe that they lots left in the tank and have the motivation to continue for years to come.

BTW, congrats to all the fans in the rest of the world (not NA or Europe) who are getting some U2 love next year, y'all deserve it.:applaud:

Guess they have to finish touring the world so they can claim their spot as biggest/best band in the world!

Last edited:
The 60 minutes piece and the VH1 Spotlight show that aired just as the tour was beginning are two really valuable resources fro people who want to learn about the personalities of the band members.

The VH1 show was invaluable for the behind the scenes rehearsal stuff and how nervous Bono was at the beginning of the Tour. 60 minutes benefitted from the access they got to tour itself, the plane, France etc.

I think it's awesome that the guys open their world to their fans so much. Other rock stars could learn fropm their humility and accesibility.

Does anyone know how to grab this and encode it to MPEG for DVD burning?

Would love to have this along with the rest of the show....

Thanks for any advice

I didn't think my love for U2 could get any deeper, but it did after watching "60 Minutes." The band seemed so real and relaxed. I loved Edge demanding the champagne, Adam drinking the cappucino, Larry claiming he's not that good (yeah, right), and Bono joking about running around with a "posse." A Pleban Posse, perhaps? Hmm.

And I giggled when Edge pressed the Big Muff button because I'm twelve.

How can I get a good quality version of the wanderer from the other night plus be able to download last nights 60 minutes

Back
Top Bottom