MERGED-->U2 Live Broadcast on Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, i got internet explorer. when I log on to the site it says my internet connection is lost, and then when I hit f5 like it tells me it does the same thing again

Shame the lads have to lie about the state of current music, but I guess when you're in the industry, you have to do that.

Axver said:
Shame the lads have to lie about the state of current music, but I guess when you're in the industry, you have to do that.

Shame that people can't deal with the fact that U2 may like bands that they don't :wink:

Axver said:

Bono was saying that it was time to move away from these "Constructed Artist's," so I think he was being honest, he can't really name names, but I think he was hitting the issue at its core, and that is music like Spears, Boy Bands, etc. they don't write their own music, they are just puppets on the producers strings.

RobVox

They still made things sound positive, though, that good music is coming through in large quantities. Listen to the radio for a couple of hours and you can tell that's not true.

Axver said:
They still made things sound positive, though, that good music is coming through in large quantities. Listen to the radio for a couple of hours and you can tell that's not true.

He didn't say anything about the radio just that good music is out there, fuck radio stations they won't play anything good, but that doesn't mean good music isn't out there. Get off the radio and go find it.

RobVox

Yep :) I already have the first segment MP3ed and ready to upload. So the second the broadcast is over, I'll have these up.

hmmm...I'm still having trouble tuning in. Maybe I should just give up now. I nkow Batman will have something for me when I log on tomorrow. :wink:

They're asking some pretty good questions. We're getting something other than the standard answers from Bono, which is great, I think. ..

Is he singing along with the track?!?!

Oh, shit, I didn't realize Bono was singing over the album! I wasn't recording that part. Damn! Well, I am from here on out :)

LOL King-B is singing along with himself, I have heard he likes to do that, this is the first time I have heard him do it though.

*Big Smile*

RobVox

RobVox said:
He didn't say anything about the radio just that good music is out there, fuck radio stations they won't play anything good, but that doesn't mean good music isn't out there. Get off the radio and go find it.

I haven't listened to the radio in about two years - the only times I tune in willingly are to listen to U2, and I have to put up with so much crap most time.

And they didn't really mention much in the way of standout bands ... I'd love to hear their real thoughts on a broad variety of music, rather than the typical fare that they essentially have to say.

Ha, RJH isn't going to like what Bono just said about writing a sing-along, karaoke album.

Here's the Miracle Drug story again ... I think we'll be hearing this one a lot in the coming year.

Bono just said, "people need to thank God for science."

That is one of the MOST profound things I have ever heard stated.

Very nice BONO! Bravo!

RobVox

Oh yay, gorman is making MP3s... less work for me! No need to duplicate efforts! :)

this is pretty damn cool, but yes, some of these stories we have heard a few times. Poor guys, they must get so sick of repeating the same ol stories... Well... maybe not Bono :wink:

Back
Top Bottom