MERGED-->U2 Is On Snl 2night! + U2 on SNL Repeat......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, after watching Vertigo again, I'm remembering the first time I saw this broadcast.

I was watching it with my dad and a few days earlier we had gotten tix to see the band. So they're playing, totally rocking out during Vertigo, and my dad looks at me and goes "wow...this concert is really gonna suck, huh? :wink: "

SNL.... = :(

It reminds me highschool in and of itself.......
Or maybe junior high

:eyebrow:

The things I do for U2 :wink:

Bono forgets a lot of "I Will Follow"

But U2 so tremendously outclasses SNL...... it's amazing the difference between U2 and the show they are on.

I was glad to watch it, though. U2 live is a special thing, even if it's on SNL. :yes:

why on earth would you think this belongs in zoo confessionals :crazy:

Haha, I remember when this first aired back in November, we'd just moved into our apartment here and didn't have our internet hooked up yet, so I'd had no idea they were gonna be on SNL. So I was flipping through late one night and came across the show just as it was getting over, in time to see U2's last performance of the show, and I was so mad that I'd missed it, so I was happy when they showed it again a few months later. And it was nice to see it again tonight.

Is it just me, or did Bono sound like he was about ready to start crying during "Sometimes..."? That performance got me all teary :sad:. "Vertigo" was awesome, and "I Will Follow"...well, that just flat out rocked. I loved seeing the SNL cast off to the side at the end enjoying the performance, and seeing the audience give U2 a standing ovation, and hearing their cheers. U2 really ended that show on a fantastic note :up:. What I wouldn't give to have been in New York City around that time in November last year-the Brooklyn Bridge show, the flatbed truck through the city, the guys on SNL...

I also loved seeing the reaction of the lady who got the lap dance from Bono. I think it'd be safe to say that that girl became the envy of all the Bono girls that night

...including me :shifty:.

Anywho, yeah, very great job from U2. Bono worked the crowd wonderfully, Edge and Adam and Larry were spot on, the whole band sounded great together...well done, guys :up:.

Angela

ramblin rose said:
:dance:

Can't wait, the skits sucked bigtime but the performances were unforgettable.

Can someone say lap dance.:wink:

:dance: LAP DANCE :dance:

I Will Follow! - That just rocked! Especially when they left the main stage - :drool:

joerags said:
I love watching The Edge play live. Now I can understand how many young guitar players can idolize him. He is so cool when he plays.

THE EDGE!!!

:rockon:

Edge's guitar playing is a definitely a rarity, many times imitated, but never duplicated. The way he plays the intro line of I Will Follow on that gorgeous X-Plorer always gives me goosebumps. It's like, you KNOW he's ready to play the absolute shit out of that rythym bucker, and he knows it too.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow-mo...but, it's a good train wreck! :wink:

Theedge070 said:
The way he plays the intro line of I Will Follow on that gorgeous X-Plorer always gives me goosebumps. It's like, you KNOW he's ready to play the absolute shit out of that rythym bucker, and he knows it too.

My favorite part of "I Will Follow" guitar wise is the part right after Bono starts singing "But it's your eyes...". I like how the guitar sounds there :yes:.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

My favorite part of "I Will Follow" guitar wise is the part right after Bono starts singing "But it's your eyes...". I like how the guitar sounds there :yes:.

Angela

Yeah those muted chops definitely build up for the final chorus trip.

:drool:

I'm on the west coast but caught the early feed from the east. I turned up all the tv's in the house so I could hear when they came on. I think I missed the beginning, though..they played Vertigo, right? Anything else? I saw Sometimes, I will Follow, and the tease of ABOY. Lucky audience, specially the blonde. :drool:

J_NP said:
I wonder does anyone have that version of ABOY complete ?

:huh: you bumped this old thread just to ask for that?

try the music on the internet forum...I don't have ABOY myself but I bet someone has the audio at least

Back
Top Bottom