MERGED --> U2 - Instant Karma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok I recorded it with my ipod recording device. I just got to clean up some of the noise and it should be good to go.

Yeah!!!!

I was lucky enough to hear them do it live. I know alot of people thought it was horrible but I really liked it. The crowd was so into it that night that I think Bono thought they could pull it off, but not many got that he wanted to end like they do 40. :huh:

I heard it live too

It's ok (the melody seems a little too slow or something for me)-any version of this song will pale in comparison to the original as far as I'm concerned. It's tough not to compare.

It's decent. Would it have killed Larry to throw in some different fills? The live versions were better.

I was at the movies tonight and they played it before the movie on Movie tunes! :ohmy:

I saw them do it live too. It was pretty cool.

don't like it at all. Very boring!!!

Duran Duran's version is soo much better! ( and I dont' really like duran duran much anymore)

Jimmy Jazz said:
It's decent. Would it have killed Larry to throw in some different fills? The live versions were better.

exactly. an average cover.

live versions were a lot better.

I just love hearing Bono sing/hearing the band play together on something new. I think it's a great song anyway, so it would be hard for me to dislike it.

Any opinion on REM's version of #9 Dream? I think it's great! :D

Instant Karma...

I took a glance but didn't see one; if I missed it and it's out there; please merge with existing thread..

So anyway, thoughts on Instant Karma? Just downloaded it and uh, I like it. Bono's voice sounds great; but is that kind of a Huey Lewis vibe to it? An 80's retro 50's vibe? I wish it'd been a little harder...

where can one get a great quality mp3 of this song? i know someone had an ipod recording, but there's got to be something better out there by now, isn't there?

No offense, but you can go buy it on iTunes. They're selling the album by individual tracks, and it benefits Amnesty International.

I got the song this morning and listened to it a few times. I have to say that I liked the live version better, I think because the tempo is a little faster. I hate to say it, but the studio version almost sounds like Bono with some backing band :reject: Hopefully listening to it some more will change my mind about that.

After a few days of listening to it, I can say I think the way U2 chose to cover the song with an up, light tempo is brilliant. I agree with what Reggie the Dog said. I love it!

Back
Top Bottom