MERGED --> U2 - Instant Karma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shag On A Rock said:
I'm off for the day now. a-ha and Tokio Hotel are on their way to you two. If you dont have the others by the time Im back, just holler.

Thank you so much! :)

Shag On A Rock said:
Which song do you want? Its a charity album. Please buy your local version of the album (if you haven't done so already) and then swap for what you don't have.

As it states on the back of this album: Really bad karma if you steal this music!

:shame:

Already bought the US version, and shelled out another $.99 for the Duran Duran track on iTunes.

:madspit:

:wink:

A look into the band's production of the song:

Larry: Hey guys, listen to my drumming. Isn't it great? If I hit these round boxes they make noise! LOL!

The band: Um, yeah... it's really good.

The Edge: Hey guys we should really spice this song up. Maybe some layered guitar and a little tapping? You know, some experimentation?

Bono and Adam: Yeah that sounds great! People won't be expecting it.

Larry: (Ears perk up and eyes dialate) Wait. What did you say? What are we now, frickin King Crimson? It looks like I better take the reigns on this one, guys. You're obviously still not ready to make decisions about our music.

Adam: But it's been 30 years... we...

Larry: Bono! Get me a lemonade. And make sure not to forget the mini umbrella this time!!

Bono: You got it Larry! (scampers off)

(The edge and Larry whimper doe-eyed in the corner of the studio)

Shag On A Rock said:

Which song do you want? Its a charity album. Please buy your local version of the album (if you haven't done so already) and then swap for what you don't have.

Thanks.

:instantkarma:

Lol. Honduras doesn't get a local version. But I'd just like Instant Karma by U2 on my ipod so if anyone could help me out...

cf_177@hotmail.com

BrownEyedBoy said:

Lol. Honduras doesn't get a local version. But I'd just like Instant Karma by U2 on my ipod so if anyone could help me out...

cf_177@hotmail.com

You don't have a CD store in Honduras? :huh:

Yes, I'm being difficult. If you seriously don't have a CD store transfer some money to me and Ill buy and post you a copy. The CDs about AU$27.00 plus postage plus a CD postage box thingie. I'm sure you could get it cheaper (and faster) from the USA though.

Anyway, the offer is there. If you want to discuss it my email address is belilindt (at] gmail [dot) com

U2 have a few good covers. I like Everlasting love, Can't Help Falling In Love, Unchained Melody and Happiness is a Warm Gun.

This though.... It's not really BAD, it's just so boring.

^ I find the song itself rather boring. I don't think they could do much with it. It's not a real challenge. I liked the live version better. But, as I said, compared to most of the rest of the album, U2's song is still pretty good.

i listend to a live version on youtube, from where i cant remember but it was the vertigo tour obviously.

i do want to say after a couple of listens i really do like u2's version of instant karma. First time maybe not so much but a couple of listens and im digging it. I dont know about the rest of the album, like how can these people really do John Lennon justice? i suppose i cannot judge until i hear it proper. But bravo to u2 its well done, not overdone, just right.

U2's Instant Karma was boring and uninspired.

R.E.M.'s #9 Dream and Green Day's Working Class Hero were the highlights. Frankly, there's nothing else on the album aside from these three that I plan on listening to again.

Back
Top Bottom