MERGED-> U2.com Renew GIFT + u2.com renewal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
U2.com Renew GIFT

"Remember that this is where your double-disc set 'U2.Communication' will be shipped to. "

Price: $32.00

U2.COM MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL

So, will we receive that gift this time?
U2.Communication... Sounds interesting.

U2.com Renewal Package - 20% off the annual subscription fee plus an EXCLUSIVE Audio and CD Rom 'U2.Communication'

interesting :hmm:

of course I'll cave :reject:

All current subscribers will be able to renew their U2.com subscriptions for a further 12 months at a 20% discount on the standard cost of $40. In addition, all U2.com members who renew their subscriptions will also receive an exclusive CD/CD-ROM double disc set, "U2 Communication".

This package, which will not be available at retail, contains an 8-track CD featuring songs recorded live during the Vertigo Tour; and a CD-ROM containing an interactive audio player, an exclusive live video clip from U2's Vertigo 2005 show at Milan's San Siro stadium, as well as wallpapers and U2 screen savers using the show's amazing imagery.

top.gif

This package, which will not be available at retail, contains an 8-track CD featuring songs recorded live during the Vertigo Tour; and a CD-ROM containing an interactive audio player, an exclusive live video clip from U2's Vertigo 2005 show at Milan's San Siro stadium, as well as wallpapers and U2 screen savers using the show's amazing imagery.

well that sold me

There will not be any ticket guarantees as part of the re-subscription package.
As we have stated before, the U2.com ticket pre sale for Vertigo 2005 was not what we wanted it to be, and once again we can only apologise for the inconvenience and distress that we know this caused. We continue to look for fair ways in which we can distribute tickets to our fans on future tours but any solution will not be tied to this re-subscription.

really :shifty:

and my favorite part

From Propaganda to U2.com the journey of equality moves on.

I believe that if the number of renewers get compatible with a pre-sale system they will give codes.

nurse chrissi said:

and my favorite part

From Propaganda to U2.com the journey of equality moves on.

Wow, that's lame. :lol:

Although, I am intrigued by what they're offering. I don't suppose I'll get this if I subscribe before the new year, will I? :sad:

As we have stated before, the U2.com ticket pre sale for Vertigo 2005 was not what we wanted it to be, and once again we can only apologise for the inconvenience and distress that we know this caused. We continue to look for fair ways in which we can distribute tickets to our fans on future tours but any solution will not be tied to this re-subscription.

How is it that U2 cannot figure how to handle fanclub presales??? Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews are just two examples of good it can be when it works. Why not talk to Eddie or Dave and ask them how they got it to work? :shrug:

I would love to see something instituted that ticket presales are handled on the basis of seniority, but what do I know?

Either way, I'll probably give them my $32. :huh:

biff said:
Where does this appear? I'm a member and I can't see that on the site, nor did I receive an email from them?

I just got the e-mail within the last hour. I've noticed they seem to send out e-mails in batches and not at the same time :shrug:.

The double-disc U2.COMMUNICATION set will be dispatched week commencing Monday November 28th. For US orders please allow up to 14 days and for international orders please allow 21 days

Last edited:
okay - who is the first sucker to resubscribe?

*raises own hand* :reject:

I have no will power at all - none

this is the rest of the letter when you subscribe

Then a SECOND email will come to you containing your discount voucher enabling you to receive your 25% discount on your first purchase from the U2.Com Shop.
The double-disc U2.COMMUNICATION set will be dispatched week commencing Monday November 28th. For US orders please allow up to 14 days and for international orders please allow 21 days.

They sucked me in again! Wow i didnt think it was possible without a tour/tickets lol.

"raises hand as well"

i never got my keychain either, but the sucker in me just whipped out my credit card...

god knows why. i don't post over there, and their exclusives are few and far between

it was the picture of the cd set that sold me, honestly. if the pic hadn't been involved, i probably wouldn't have renewed...

all i want to say is this:

if i am paying a band 40 bucks for what will essentially be nothing, they had better keep working until the end of next year...

god forbid i join up and they take a break, like with the Garbage website... paid membership and now the band is on indefinite hiatus (i.e. they are breaking up but aren't committed enough to breaking up to announce it)

thank god i didn't join that site!!!

nurse chrissi said:
okay - who is the first sucker to resubscribe?

*raises own hand* :reject:

I have no will power at all - none

me too :reject:

very reluctantly, and I put it on my VISA instead of my debit card as a form of protest :shifty:.

So if those of us in the USA don't get it by Christmas time (according to their deadline), we can e-mail bomb fan fire again right? :evil:

That line about "journey of equality" is TACKY with a giant fucking T.

Now, my dumb question: so if I'm not a current member of U2.com, and I decide to subscribe now, do I get that pretty, shiny gift?

Just got my e-mails minutes ago.

And yes, I renewed. (in my defense, I seem to be in the minority who actually got the damn keychain!)

Back
Top Bottom