MERGED-->U2 and ipod + *custom U2 iPods*+u2 ipod version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an iPod now so I can't do anything about this one. Would recommend it though -- it works amazing and I love the thing. I just love it. In fact, am listening to it now. Got the 15gig iPod, have over 2000 songs on it and it's only half full. Smaller and lighter than other MP3 players on the market. Interface is easy to navigate.

how long does the ipod usually live- not battery life (between charges) but before you have to completely replace it? and, can you replace the battery if it starts to die? some mp3 players ive seen have replaceable batteries but i cant find a definitive answer about ipod.

I'm kind of pissed about this whole thing because I have a 10GB iPod and they updated my model right after I got it and it also took me about 6-8 months to find all of the major album songs

And I still haven't gotten alot of the b-sides or all of UaBRS

so ya, thatz my rant:mac:

I don't now which part of me is more excited
1. The u2 geek - oohhh exciting themed Ipod
2. The apple geek - 60GB/color screen

Must. have. now.

I would die and go to heaven if U2 and Siemens ever teamed up and released digital hearing aids with the entire U2 song list and then some. Since I wear hearing aids all the time (except sleep, when I snooze like a baby!), why not have U2 built into my hearing? Someone get with it and do this! :wink:

edgeu22 said:
What's the difference between an iPod and a generic mp3 player.. besides iPod being more expensive?

What's the difference between a Pontiac and a Mercedes....besides the Mercedes being more expensive?

I have an iPod, and this frankly sounds ugly to me. The clean, white, minimalist lines are classic iPod and the idea it will be black? :huh: No, thanks. Wait around for Gen5.

nurse chrissi said:
I don't now which part of me is more excited
1. The u2 geek - oohhh exciting themed Ipod
2. The apple geek - 60GB/color screen

Must. have. now.

I am right there with ya.

I've held out on buying the 40 GB in hopes of an upgrade because I could fill 40 G's like that *snap* (my U2 collection alone makes up half of all my mp3s, but then again I convert most CDs & Lps to best quality)... Anyhoo, yeah, totally Apple/U2 geek girl freaking out over here over the commercial, the ipod, the announcement in San Jose... :combust:

*custom U2 iPods*

http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/2004/10/18/cx_mm_1018aapl.html

There's the linky to the story.

The basic gist: U2 and Apple are going to release a custom U2 iPod model. It will be black in color and come with the new album and a selection of their past album tracks (greatest hits type thing?).

It will come out in November. Info. in the article.

Save your money kiddies. this one is going to cost you some pennies.

Seems like U2 is not only showing the business their music savvy, but their marketing powerhouse as well. Paving the way in the new world that is the music industry.

*posted this on the WTAHAN board as well*

Well my I-pod is on the way to me..not the U2 special edition but a regular blue mini that I ws going to have engraved anyway...
I want to engrave a U2 lyric...I am still trying to see which would be best

I picked blue cause of a certian front-mans baby blue eyes:wink:

Last edited:
Maybe they figure the new fans will be the one's getting it. I don't know that sounds lame too... anyway, I would want to put my own U2 selections on it. Specifically live versions I haven't seen or that haven't been released as of yet.
Ohooo how about a "live" ipod. :dance: That would make me put in an order.. :yes:

I would think it's a good idea, although would have been much better if they had loseless files and included their entire collection from iTunes + some exclusives. Personally I am tempted, but if they are not going to be loseless, I don't think I'll buy it.

Back
Top Bottom