MERGED-->U2 and 2003 Grammys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:happy: I think they had a good idea with not having a host. That just seems to waste time. :happy: James Taylor was awesome, Bruce was awesome, Coldplay was cool, and I even enjoyed the Dixie Chicks' performance. I think "Landslide" is one of the most beautiful songs ever written, although I prefer Fleetwood Mac's original version.

I honestly didn't think U2 could win another Grammy this year. I might get nuked for this but it would have been overkill. After voting to give them seven of the things in the last two years probably the voters just wanted some fresh blood, thus the award went to Coldplay. Well earned, I say.
Don't shoot me, Sicy. :laugh: :lmao:

U2girl91289 said:

They weren't even there? That's weird because I thought I saw someone who looked a lot like Bono, and I'm almost positive I saw Adam on the side of the screen during the red carpet special

:hmm: Maybe it was Elvis Costello...sometimes Elvis Costello looks like Bono..:lol: Well, maybe I'm thinking more like when Bono was in the Sweetest Thing video...?

david said:
U2 lost out to Norah Jones who took best song featured in a movie and Flaming Lips won best intrumental, but had to give the award to Norah Jones, Norah also took home best Latin album, Best Hip Hop Album, Best album sung by a girl, Best new artist, she also took home the Artist of the Millenium award, Best video even though it's not a video award show award, Best song ever that uses a piano, Album of the year, Record of the year, they revoked Steely Dan's award from 2000 and gave it to her too, Then she won the Fiona Apple "We like you this year but will hate you next year" award, and the show ended with a touching tribute to Norah Jones from Bruce, Elvis Costello, and Dave Ghrol.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL! :lol:

U2Kitten said:
No they weren't even there and they didn't win :grumpy:

Here on Global (Canadian TV network) they had a red-carpet Pre-Show special and they managed to grab Bono, so at least he was there. He didn't say much though. Essentially just "I gotta go..." :D

Back
Top Bottom