MERGED --> U2 3D REVIEWS + Back from a U2 3D screening... + U23D - **Spoiler Alert**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mysterious_jen said:

they played in the foyer of the imax. yes, yes it was awesome.

told you you should have come with us !

sure i didnt get home til 3 am and went to work at 8 , but it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it .

So they played on the screen, a whole U2 show from the Vertigo Australia tour (Melbourne perhaps?)????

Thats insane!!! How can they do that?????? How can I get that??????

Saw it last night at Imax in Melbourne. Boy was it incredible!!

It was almost perfect except for the set list and also to be perfectly honest I wasn't a big fan of the quick edit. You'd be watching a scene and thinking wow this is beautiful and before you knew it it would change. There was not enough time to appreciate what you were watching.

Apart from that it was awesome though. Highlights were..

Adam and Bono's kiss :tongue:
Larry's orange drink
Bono singing 'wipe your tears away' directly at the camera
Streets in its entirity
The fly in its entirity
The ripple effect bouncing up and down from the crowd
Every single one of the crowd shots
The Adam worshipping

All in all it was incrdible. The theatre was completely full. It was really strange sitting still during the concert though. Also does anyone know which shots exactly were the ones that were filmed in Melbourne?? I'm dying to see it again but I think it's only showing at Melbourne Imax till Wednesday (can anyone confirm or deny this?)

Saw it again at Sydney Imax last night . . . still smiling . . . :yes:

The Fly - what a jewel of a song & as it wasn't played at the sydney show i went to, an absolute highlight for me :drool:

Crowd Shots - fabaroony . . . wanted to jump right in there with them and loved the pure pleasure on all the punters faces

Ditto jonnytakeawalk - REALLY bizarre to be sitting still - don't know about any body else but if I got to vigorous with the old head nodding I started to feel a little :huh:

I know its probably been said before, but its so brilliant that a band who's been around for so long is still finding ways to be relevant, breaking new ground and STILL giving people a reason to smile - love em love em love em!:bow:

Hoping to see it again before it disappears but as it looks like the run finishes this Wednesday it ain't likely . . . will wait for the inevitable (crosses fingers) dvd release

Have a happy sunday night :wink:

bono_man said:

So they played on the screen, a whole U2 show from the Vertigo Australia tour (Melbourne perhaps?)????

Thats insane!!! How can they do that?????? How can I get that??????

no no no no

the tribute band "The Australian u2 Show" played in the imax foyer prior to the movie.

johnny take a walk were you at the 830 screening??

the movie is playing for about a month in melb as far as i know, hoping to go back again, kicking myself i didnt go more times when i was there yesterday , its an hour and a half drive for me to see it . :sigh:

mysterious_jen said:

no no no no

the tribute band "The Australian u2 Show" played in the imax foyer prior to the movie.

johnny take a walk were you at the 830 screening??

the movie is playing for about a month in melb as far as i know, hoping to go back again, kicking myself i didnt go more times when i was there yesterday , its an hour and a half drive for me to see it . :sigh:

So glad to hear it is playing for a whole month. Will definately be back to see it. I also live a fair distance- 2 hours but I'm always up for a trip to Melbourne- esp to see something like this.

Oh and yes I was at the 8.30 screening. I presume you were there too. Did it seem like the audience were getting into it jen? I didn't think they were but I guess it's kinda hard to tell. I just wanted to stand up and start jumping up and down singing at the top of my lungs

we were rocking out but everyone else was pretty still, shame you didnt meet up with us dude! mabey next time, we were thinkin of going to the final screening for a send off of sorts ..
we were the freaks in the u2 tees and vertigo hoodies .

mysterious_jen said:
we were rocking out but everyone else was pretty still, shame you didnt meet up with us dude! mabey next time, we were thinkin of going to the final screening for a send off of sorts ..
we were the freaks in the u2 tees and vertigo hoodies .

Mmmmmm don't think I noticed you guys then. People around me were a little sedate it was a shame.

I'm definately up for going to the final screening. It's showing at midnight too isn't it? I'd love to go then.

Awesome to see you guys all having a blast now that you finally have it there! It ended here weeks ago... I've been going thru withdrawals :crack: But it did last much longer than we expected, they kept holding it over because it did so well!

We saw it last night here in Adelaide - what a show!!
I concur with everything else that has been said - especially about how bizarre it was to be sitting down - all I wanted to do was get up and sing and dance - my hubby was just about jumping out of his seat to do the same!!
It's a long time since I've been to a movie and the audience has cheered and clapped at the end:)
My highlights were "The Fly" and "Love and Peace Or Else", and of course Bono reaching out to wipe the tears away:drool: Actually that freaked me out just a little bit LOL.
Unfortunately it's only on until Wednesday here, I hope to try and get down to Marion (an hour drive from my place:() Wednesday to see it again - once just simply wasn't enough!!

Oh, and I noticed the "Adam worship" as well, and had a bit of a giggle to myself:)

Hey Mandy, is it really only on till Wed? I've been trying to find out from GU Marion if it's on longer. I may not be able to go until Wed (with our missing friend Reptile) but frankly I hate Marion with a passion and would rather stick my eyeballs out with a toothpick. And it's also a long way from my house. Couldn't show it in the city could they? The things I do for U2.... :mad:

i took my Mum to see it at Imax Sydney on sat night 6.45pm - wow, it completely blew my mind!
and i am happy to say that it has converted my Mum into a U2 Fan (She is especially interested in Larry!)

blueeyedgirl said:
Hey Mandy, is it really only on till Wed? I've been trying to find out from GU Marion if it's on longer. I may not be able to go until Wed (with our missing friend Reptile) but frankly I hate Marion with a passion and would rather stick my eyeballs out with a toothpick. And it's also a long way from my house. Couldn't show it in the city could they? The things I do for U2.... :mad:

Don't know if this will help or not, but Imax Sydney have got new dates up (an extra week I think) . . . Greater Union don't usually update their sites until a Wednesday for the following week . . . guess they base the run on demand so fingers crossed the shows are selling out and you can go see it in the city :yes:
Good luck:wave:

Back
Top Bottom