MERGED-->Tori Amos - Running to Stand Still - Oh My!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like it.

Tori Amos pretty much always does cool covers of songs. I like how she actually tries different things with the songs. Good stuff. :up:

as i said in the other thread...

Well. I'm on the second listen and I'm having an interesting reaction. I can't believe I'm saying this because I totally love Tori ... but now that I'm hearing it, I realize that no one should ever sing this song publicly again except for Bono. I'm kidding, but it's just not right. 'She is raging' is powerful and if I'd been sitting there in front of Tori while she sang it I would have sobbed like an idiot and made a fool of myself and possibly entered an altered state. Tori sings it beautifully but I just don't ever need to hear it again by anybody but Bono for the rest of my life.

:heart: Tori :heart:

This just in: so I missed the Red Rocks show and this performance. But I just scored 3rd row centre seats to see her at Merriweather Post in MD. :D

Last edited:
Re: as i said in the other thread...

joyfulgirl said:

This just in: so I missed the Red Rocks show and this performance. But I just scored 3rd row centre seats to see her at Merriweather Post in MD. :D

wow you LUCKY thing!!! 3rd Row center!!! I'm very jealous...when I saw her last I wasn't very near the front! But it was Tori so who cares... :)

Downloading it now...

I like that guy's website. Any fan of Placebo is a friend of mine. :up:

I tried very hard not to like it (just in a resistant mood, I guess), but it was very beautiful. I felt like Tori gets the song, and that was what was important.

Thank you for posting this celia- I think it's a gorgeous version.

I'm so ashamed to admit I don't own any of her CD's, but I've always loved her voice, and I admire her very much.

I'd love to hear her cover some other U2 songs..and sing w/ Bono too.

Tori Amos - Running to Stand Still - Oh My!

check out @u2 for a cover of RTSS at Red Rocks. Great reaction from the guy in the audience at the start when he susses it out! Will always be a favourite track and this does nothing to dilute ..

I love Tori Amos and was sooo excited when I heard she had done a cover of this beautiful song! Its a great version, then again Tori always does great cover songs. :up:

She does a great job! I think this is a perfect cover for her to do. I usually don't like covers of anything, but she does this justice.

boooooooring zzzzzzzzz.hey tori its not heeeeee heheeeeee its ooooooo ohoooooooooooohooohoh. bono sings way better than her.
i was listening to this tori version and just zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. when i listen to u2s version (bono,s version) im like:sad: :yes:

dont get me wrong its not a crap cover its just not good.

Back
Top Bottom