MERGED ---> Thinking about getting a U2 Tattoo + U2 Tattoo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
Thinking about getting a U2 Tattoo

I know this has been done, but I can't find the thread.

Anyway, I want a U2 tattoo. I was thinking about doing this:

AnimatedFly2.jpg

If not that then maybe some sort of Joshua Tree, but I need a good Tattoo worthy picture of the tree.

Any other ideas?

Okay people...what happend to this place? I pretty much just want a link to an old thread...or some advice, and so far nothing.

I like minimalist simplicity myself. How about a Joshua Tree?

Anyway, maybe someone will have a better opinion than I. :sexywink:

Melon

i persoanlly thionk the cartoon bono is a good idea, if you like it which it seems liek you do then go for it because the tattoo is on YOU..
the joshua tree & the suitcase are cool but thats about all everyone ever gets, be more original:up:

elevation2u said:

the joshua tree & the suitcase are cool but thats about all everyone ever gets, be more original:up:

Keep in mind, we're a limited number of freaks.....:wink: You'd have to be a U2 maniac to recognize it, people ask me all the time why I've got a suitcase with a heart tattooed on my ankle. So yea, they may be popular to us...but you know what I'm saying....

Get what you like! I love my U2 tat. I'm thinking of getting a blue star somewhere.....not sure though....they're addictive, watch out!

starsgoblue said:

Keep in mind, we're a limited number of freaks.....:wink: You'd have to be a U2 maniac to recognize it, people ask me all the time why I've got a suitcase with a heart tattooed on my ankle. So yea, they may be popular to us...but you know what I'm saying....

Get what you like! I love my U2 tat. I'm thinking of getting a blue star somewhere.....not sure though....they're addictive, watch out!

The heart in a suitcase is a cool tat.

A U2 tat is not weird at all. Now, a Creed or Maroon 5 tat on the other hand..

:crazy:

I have 2 tats: one of the spaceman off zooropa and the other is "u2" from a 90's tour poster. I am tempted to get the joshua tree. Do what you want to do...

Tattoo.....cool when you're young....but I'd be afraid I'd get to be 90 and think...."Why the fuck did I do that?"

I'm thinking about getting a U2 suitcase tattoo as my 1st or 2nd tattoo next year.

The only question is whether I can deal with the pain. :lol: :yikes:

Westport said:
Tattoo.....cool when you're young....but I'd be afraid I'd get to be 90 and think...."Why the fuck did I do that?"
Then you can look back and remember your youth and why you got it. As long as the memory is happy it will be good. So the age thing doesn't bother me.

I agree with Edgeman....if you picked a tat that you just thought looked cool and didn't have any personal meaning then ya, you might worry about it later, but I think tats should tell stories about where you were in some point in life or who you are...Even if for whatever reasons I'm not such a U2 freak when I get older I'll still love my tattoo because it's a testament to a large memory of my life. :up:

I'm verrrry close to getting my next tattoo - it's the graphic in my sig. Just gotta' decide where to put it... I'd love it on my left bicep, but since I'm not a petite woman with petite arms, I'm afraid it would look too, um.... manly. :sad: Placement is the only thing that's held me back so far. I don't want to love my tattoo but regret its location in a month! :no:

Se7en said:
i think that would look cool on your shoulder or your hip.
Actually, I've been playing around with the image, increasing & decreasing it & think that the answer is size. I had originally imagined a fairly large tat that would go completely from one side of my bicep to the other... after shrinking the image down a bit & going for something more centered on my arm, that doesn't look nearly so manly. :hmm: I may have just had a breakthrough! :hyper: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom