MERGED--> the problem with HTDAAB + no driffent track order can change the fact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
no driffent track order can change the fact that HTDAAB is lame and boring!!!

im seeing alot of people trying to make their own track list.

its the same thing people its the same dam songs ......

only time will tell but right now i can tell you that htdaab is an album full of songs for old people!!! yes old people!!
there is nothing wrong with being old but calling this album their best is just:mad:

htdaab zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hey dont wake me up im sleeeeeeping..

there is nothing great about htdaab nothing at all !!!

no song(on htdaab) is as power full as bullet the blue sky!
no song has lyrics and vocals like one!

yes u2 are suffering the same fate matallica are..

both bands back catalog is better than the bullshit they are selling to us now!!!

No attempted explanations can change the fact that you are a troll.

:down: This is a new low for you.

i love u2(or what ever is left of it)

i just hate the sound and songs they are going for these day!

its all just simple pop tunes with some loops in them nothing that will go down in history!!

u2 just sound like an avarage pop band now! they us to be a kick arss rock band! look whats happened to them!!

you may not like the songs on the album, but you have been fooled by your pre-conceived notions about U2.

They've always played pop music, they've always had ballads, they've always had spiritual loud folk music, they have made maybe 3 or 4 songs that could even be considered hard rock (by anybody who actually listens to hard rock/metal/punk) they are aging, yes, and Bono's voice is not what it used to be, the subject mattered has changed in the lyrics, as not everyone is stuck in an era and can't get out of it.

With all that said, you should know that already, so what exactly, at this point in time leads you to believe they would be making any different music than they are making?

You want Bullet the Blue Sky? That was U2, 18, yes count em, 18 years ago. There are members of this forum who werent even born when that song was written.

Move on, if you don't like the album that's fine, I don't happen to think it's among their 5 best, but I enjoy it for what it is, not what it isn't.

Re: no driffent track order can change the fact that HTDAAB is lame and boring!!!

shaun vox said:
im seeing alot of people trying to make their own track list.

its the same thing people its the same dam songs ......

only time will tell but right now i can tell you that htdaab is an album full of songs for old people!!! yes old people!!
there is nothing wrong with being old but calling this album their best is just:mad:

htdaab zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz hey dont wake me up im sleeeeeeping..

there is nothing great about htdaab nothing at all !!!

yes u2 are suffering the same fate matallica are..

both bands back catalog is better than the bullshit they are selling to us now!!!
Did anybody hear a voice just then?
No, me neither.

:yawn: Change the record.

Last edited:
It's fine that you feel this way. But all your opinions is all based on the fact that the music is not what you define rock to be. It seems like you think rock is equivalent with great. For you maybe that is the case. But for others (or most) it is not.

Quite frankly - guitar solos bore me.

Re: no driffent track order can change the fact that HTDAAB is lame and boring!!!

shaun vox said:

Actually i'd disagree totally with that. Lyrically, vocally AND musically, Miracle Drug / Sometimes / City / All Because.. and Crumbs, ALL piss over Bullet (studio) - because that song doesnt come anywhere near alive, until it's performed LIVE!

Just my 2 poundsworth:shrug:

:wink:

U2's contribution to the music scene has been pretty diverse since ATYCLB. Don't just look at the Atomic Boob (and, by the way, Sometimes You Can Make It better than One) but also include the band's splendid cover of Beat On The Brat and contrast that with Bono's rendition of That's Life.

Aardvark747 said:
What's your fave u2 album btw Shaun, just out of interest?

fave u2 album/ achtung baby!
i like war and jt too! and i enjoy some songs off POP!
i like zooropa too!

on the other hand i dont like atyclb and htdaab!!

ElectricalVoice "Quite frankly - guitar solos bore me."

well if you were a guitar player you might think different but guitar solos to me match the same emotion of lyrics and vocals!
take the november rain solo! it will bring tears to your eyes
:sad:

Aardvark747 said:

Neil Young - Like a Hurricane.....:drool: :drool: :drool:

Ah yes - Neil Young. A hero of Edge's. I remember Edge saying how he admired Neil's ragged and raw playing style. Never note perfect but full of emotion. Now if we could just get Edge to loosen his own perfectionist tendencies then maybe we could get a lot of Vertigo Tour nights out on i-tunes the day after.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Ooh! I'm all for a good guitar solo :yes:

Bullet the blue sky live in Sydney, ZooTv :drool:

This is what I demand people watch, who claim that Edge is not technically great.

I just wrote a giant post about how no one is responding to shaun vox on the right way. And universally on the complaining posts... But it got unintentionally deleted before I submited it... :ohmy:
The point is, I just want you all to admit Bomb isn't what we really expected (remember the time here before the release), and that we can all together hope and wait for better U2 times that will IMO come!
You can say you wanted the album to be like that, different from the ATYCLB (which, btw, is not), but than I'll suppose that those who are unsatisfied with the Bomb are being more quite than the others. Cause it's never popular to be complaining about the current U2. Of course you can say Pop had some not so great things, and maybe Zooropa (which is great to me, and so is Pop!), and even that The Joshua Tree isn't as perfect as it was believed to, with the Trip through-song and all. Maybe AB also has some "mistake". And so in the future, when U2 (hopefully) release a real album you could trash A-Bomb as well without the fear when you do that now, cause everyone else will. But 'til then you must be satisfied with what is now and "remember" this is great, there shouldn't be some sound-explorations (Edge's guitar!), innovations... You(2) can just go back and play with the previous catalogue.

I guess this isn't really a small post, but i had to say that...:(
:|

"If U2 took a crap on a plate and sold it, I would call it what it is: Shit!
HTDAAB is gold!" [electrical voice's signature]

I agree it is gold. It's not shit. But it's not diamonds also. And maybe we've had too much gold.

Re: Re: no driffent track order can change the fact that HTDAAB is lame and boring!!!

Aardvark747 said:

Actually i'd disagree totally with that. Lyrically, vocally AND musically, Miracle Drug / Sometimes / City / All Because.. and Crumbs, ALL piss over Bullet (studio) - because that song doesnt come anywhere near alive, until it's performed LIVE!

Just my 2 poundsworth:shrug:

Thats a crap statement. The studio version of Bullet the blue sky is fanatastic, it has awesome power! It is by far a
better song than any that you mentioned. I can't believe we live on the same planet! Or maybe we don't!

Last edited:
why do people have to keep going over old ground? and the same subjects? i have probabley seen about 10 posts by you mr vox that says the same as this one, yes ok we get it you dont like the album but alot of us do, and i find it quite choice that you class the jt as one of your best albums, i thought you only went for the old heavy rock? because i can count quite a few pop and ballads on JT

I agree with the last post. This shit has run its course many times over. How long do we have to keep reading the same posts about how HTDAAB sucks, or how it's the best album ever. Both kinds of posts are equally as boring by now. Unless someone has something new to say about the subject, these kinds of posts are just totally pointless by now.

And please don't tell me "just don't read them then!!! dur durudrudur!113!!1" because that's not the point.

TheFlyOnTheWall said:
The point is, I just want you all to admit Bomb isn't what we really expected (remember the time here before the release), and that we can all together hope and wait for better U2 times that will IMO come!

I personally really didn't have a lot of expectations or pre-conceived notions of what Bomb would be. Please don't assume what anyone else "really expected" or needs to admit.

Can I just enjoy the album we have now (while skipping a certain song every time I play it ;) ) without worrying about this mythical "perfect album" of the future? :huh:

TheFlyOnTheWall said:

I don't know about others, but I didn't expect anything with the Bomb - apart from guessing it will have more guitars as was hinted with Electrical Storm. I was also hoping for another great song like With or without you or One (and I dare say we got that with Sometimes) and just in general for good songwriting (which I also think we got).

When U2 releases an album I never think "oh wow what if this is the next Joshua or Achtung?" Because IMO I don't think they can top that, not even rival it.

U2girl said:

I don't know about others, but I didn't expect anything with the Bomb - apart from guessing it will have more guitars as was hinted with Electrical Storm. I was also hoping for another great song like With or without you or One (and I dare say we got that with Sometimes) and just in general for good songwriting (which I also think we got).

When U2 releases an album I never think "oh wow what if this is the next Joshua or Achtung?" Because IMO I don't think they can top that, not even rival it.

I wasn't saying we/you expected something like from the previous catalogue; just a U2 record, which in my mind represents something really great btw! :wink:
I didn't expect nothing, either cause I just didn't know what to expect. U2 always did something different. (maybe just til now) And, IMO, you didn't get "more guitars" or "another great song like WOWY or One", cause let's face it, - there are no! At least for me.

Back
Top Bottom