MERGED--> the problem with HTDAAB + no driffent track order can change the fact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1 . Vertigo great tune,
ive even had u2 non believers say to me thats there best tune U2 have had for years.
2. Miracle drug brilliant,
3. Sometimes, amazin
4. Love and peace good tune although it trys too hard
5. City of Blinding lights, Good, Could of been a classic, production is absolutley terrible.
6. ABOY, Better live, but even adam says hes not sure if that was the best version
7. A Man And Woman, Good tune i like it.
8. Crumbs. Walk on 2 only not as good
9. One Step Closer, Heard it all before
10. Original Species, Again good tune Production poor
11. Yaweh Filler but it is actually quite good,
12. Fast Cars, I'll leave it out.

Overall its a good album let down by ALOT of bad production
And they have played quite safe,

Last edited:
beau2ifulday said:
oh, I don't know. I think 'Wannabe' had some very deep and profound lyrics going on...

clearly, it's about someone who if confused about what they want (what they really, really want)

Well, okay maybe JonBon is slightly better... I can't truthfully imagine him telling us repeatedly that what he really, really wants is to Zig-a-zig-ah! :rockon: Now that really is a scary thought!

Does anyone care to steer this thread back on topic? lol

Last edited:
1.achtung
2. joshua tree
3. htdaab
4. pop
5.uf
6.war
7.boy
8.atyclb
9.zooropa
10. october
11. rh

Ok. Well, if that's how you feel - here we go again:

It’s my life
It’s now or never
I ain’t gonna live forever
I just want to live while I’m alive
(it’s my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I’m alive
It’s my life

I'm afraid to admit that I quite like this song - but the lyrics are still shit. It's not so bad until the last 4 lines of the chorus, which make me cringe. :ohmy:

Hole In The World by The Eagles

There's a hole in the world tonight.
There's a Cloud of fear and sorrow.
Don't let there be a hole in the world tomorrow.

They say that anger is just love disappointed.
They say that love is just a state of mind,
but all this fighting over who will be anointed.
Oh how can people be so blind

[Chorus:]

Oh they tell me there's a place over yonder,
cool water running through the burning sand,
until we we learn to love one
another we never reach the promise land.

[Chorus:]

[Repeat chorus: (no music)]

[Repeat chorus: 4x's (fade out)]

That's probably one of the worst songs written on this planet.

Is it wrong to say that I like Pop AND The Bomb w/o having 1000 reasons y each album is better/worse than the other?:ohmy:

Bah, you just don't like it because your a guitar player, and the bassist is the one who's been getting a lot more attention for his work than guitarist on the album. ;)

"Bass players get the weirdest fans" remember that.

:eeklaugh:

*Fan of U2, but slightly more partial to Bono and Adam.*

Last edited:
sallycinnamon78 said:
Ok. Well, if that's how you feel - here we go again:

It’s my life
It’s now or never
I ain’t gonna live forever
I just want to live while I’m alive
(it’s my life)
My heart is like an open highway
Like frankie said
I did it my way
I just wanna live while I’m alive
It’s my life

I'm afraid to admit that I quite like this song - but the lyrics are still shit. It's not so bad until the last 4 lines of the chorus, which make me cringe. :ohmy:

quite like this song? Oh, God...

HTDAAB is full of great tunes
U2's 21st century music rules!

80's: phenomenal
90: still better, bigger
21st: extraordinary, masterful

3 decades of absolute brilliant music!

"you've made me very famous, and i thank you"

Nube Gris said:
HTDAAB is full of great tunes
U2's 21st century music rules!

80's: phenomenal
90: still better, bigger
21st: extraordinary, masterful

3 decades of absolute brilliant music!

"you've made me very famous, and i thank you"

you ok mate??

so you think 21st u2 is masterful??? your joking right!
because if not i think your all alone on that thought!!!!!!!!

to me 21st u2 suxssssss!!!!!!
maby your a new u2 fan but trust me if you'e lived their eairly(er) albums you will see what utter crap atyclb and htdaab are!!

shaun vox said:

you ok mate??

maby your a new u2 fan but trust me if you'e lived their eairly(er) albums you will see what utter crap atyclb and htdaab are!!

Why do you waste so much time and effort on here if you think 00's U2 is utter crap? Just interested like......

shaun vox said:

you ok mate??

Or he/she is particularly a fan of Adam, who got this from one reviewer of "How to"

"Clayton on bass is a revelation; of course, no rock instrumental trio can thrive without a great bassist, but Clayton is so forceful, so melodic yet so in lock-step with Mullen and the Edge that his performance demands reconsideration of his body of work. That is, has he always been this good?"

Jacknife Lee said this about working with Adam on new album.

"Adam is quite brilliant. You don't really know what he's doing half of the time ­ he's playing and you think, this is weird, it's not working at all. Like, it's very wrong. And then, he'll pull this bizarre bass line out, and you'll think, 'Fucking hell, that's great."

Last edited:
shaun vox said:

you ok mate??

Like anyone is going to agree with someone who thinks corporate 80s-hair-metal is "rock and roll".

i know you all love u2(i did) but why lie to your self so you can enjoy u2?

even if they are crap on album and sadly crap live (listen to SBS, pride or WOWY from the boston or slane dvd) what the fuck is this!!!!!

see i know u2 suck now but i still listen to achtung baby, jt, and love zootv live and R&H dvd !!!!!!!!! love that stuff!
i would love to lie to my self and say oh everything is allright u2 are great and go on with my life but /////

ya i know the truth:wink:

MrBrau1 said:
One of U2's best records. It's complete from 1st to last. It's much more confident than ATYCLB. I'm very happy with U2 being comfortable with their own skin, which is a first for them.

Yea, like the bald/fat man who loves to say how confident he's in his own skin...

Marr said:

You can compare U2 to Depeche Mode, Metallica, The Cure, never to Coldplay....

Difference is DM and Cure are still making great records that are being made for fans of good music, for real DM/Cure fans while U2's trying to please everyone including old mom and dad in Oaklahoma.

And that's bad thing.

Depeche Modes last album was so bad it wouldnt even qualify to be flushed down the toilet with my shit.

I will wait for the next one later this year to see if it is any better.

Lancemc said:
Shaun, why can't you just accept that some of us genuinely like the new album?

Especially Adam fans.

Pop was great too, ATYCLB, it was okay, but "How to", Bono was raving so much about what Edge was doing, didn't bother to mention Adam and Larry's work.

I'm sorry, I love some good old "hard" rock like Led Zeppelin to Rage against the Machine, but I've never come to u2 to blow my speakers out. I love them because they re-invent themselves so much that I don't how to classify them, I love them because they remain brilliant doing so and they make the most emotional music ever...to me. Those two important words, to me. I could give a shit what other people think.

And Shaun, man, I love me some Guns n Roses. Own many bootlegs of the band (when Axel bothered showing up to give up something to his fans, the band was brilliant).

But u say u2 aren't rock and defend GNR by talking about "November Rain?" Ya, that video was so rock n' roll. If I ever see Bono swimming in the ocean with a fuckin dolphin, I'm turning in my u2 membership forever.

Yahweh said:
Depeche Modes last album was so bad it wouldnt even qualify to be flushed down the toilet with my shit.

I'd say you don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about, I'd say that it's a great album with such great songs like "Dead Of The Night" or "Dream On", but i won't.
I'd only waste my breath....

Back
Top Bottom