MERGED--> the problem with HTDAAB + no driffent track order can change the fact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2girl said:
Yes, Sometimes and One step closer are both stronger than Mofo. (effects and blips don't make a song)

Vertigo and All because of you have riffs just as catchy as Discotheque (which to me is just a variation of The fly's riff).

Sometimes and One step closer have very strong lyrics.
You want new sounds for U2? How about Love and peace or All because of you or A man and a woman or Original of the species or Fast cars?

:lol: Wow, even most avid Pop fans must admit that this wasn't Bono's best singing time. He does very little singing, but lots of talking on exactly that album.

:laugh: Right, and U2 wasn't trying to be on MTV and radio with jumping on the techno/dance bandwagon with Pop and with that horrible "cool" look they had.

Agree:up:

U2girl said:
Yes, Sometimes and One step closer are both stronger than Mofo. (effects and blips don't make a song)

Vertigo and All because of you have riffs just as catchy as Discotheque (which to me is just a variation of The fly's riff).

Sometimes and One step closer have very strong lyrics.
You want new sounds for U2? How about Love and peace or All because of you or A man and a woman or Original of the species or Fast cars?

:lol: Wow, even most avid Pop fans must admit that this wasn't Bono's best singing time. He does very little singing, but lots of talking on exactly that album.

:laugh: Right, and U2 wasn't trying to be on MTV and radio with jumping on the techno/dance bandwagon with Pop and with that horrible "cool" look they had.

Do i have to say that I disagree with everything that is written above? Vertigo and All Because Of You? These songs have one of the worst lyrics Bono had ever written, One Step Closer? it sounds like an outtake from Passengers, i sounds just like "Yahweh" like a song that isn't finished, like they had no idea what to do with it....

Nice trick, but don't change the topic. You asked about riffs, and Vertigo and All because of you have them.

And for One step closer, the topic wasn't music, but the lyrics. Sounds finished to me, as do all the other songs on the album.

oh, i wonder...
all of you pop-haters and htdaab-lovers, what bands apart of U2 do you listen to? Bon Jovi ? Coldplay ?

Im sorry but those of you that say U2 isnt trying hard with this record need a reality check...U2 were in the studio recording this album for 2 years and they scrapped half of those sessions because "they wearnt good enough" for the band.

Most bands 90 percent or more record albums in a few months tops, the thing that makes U2 records great is they work damn hard to make sure that the songs stand the test of time.

U2girl said:
Nice trick, but don't change the topic. You asked about riffs, and Vertigo and All because of you have them.

And for One step closer, the topic wasn't music, but the lyrics. Sounds finished to me, as do all the other songs on the album.

well, we all do our best....guess my old tricks are getting rusty..
but i'll try harder for you... :)

Good, even more topic changing. What does what people listen to have anything to do with U2's music?

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Good, even more topic changing. What does what people listen to have anything to do with U2's music?

It's quite important....
If you listen to Bon Jovi, then i perfectly understand why do you like "Verigo"....

Marr said:
oh, i wonder...
all of you pop-haters and htdaab-lovers, what bands apart of U2 do you listen to? Bon Jovi ? Coldplay ?

Radiohead. Isn't THAT an eye-opener?

And I don't necessarily hate Pop, I just think HTDAAB is a much better album.

For the record I think that Coldplays Rush Of Blood To The Head is one of the best records of the past decade. There are a few albums that compare to the solidness of a U2 record and this is one of them.

I don't listen to Bon Jovi and Vertigo is one of my least liked songs on the album (with a great riff though).
Happy now?

:rolleyes:

Re: AMAAW is Fantastic

akhan01 said:
it's so ridiculous that people think this song isn't good. it's one of my favorite tracks on the album.

I agree with you!! "A Man And A Woman" is definitely one of the BEST songs on "How To Dismantle." This song is another love song from Bono to his wife obviously and although it's not a "rocker" of a tune, we know why, because it's a "heartfelt" love song. So, in that respect , it should be a "mellow" tune. But anyway, anyone can figure this out, I shouldn't have to explain why it's an EXCELLENT" tune.

Yahweh said:
For the record I think that Coldplays Rush Of Blood To The Head is one of the best records of the past decade. There are a few albums that compare to the solidness of a U2 record and this is one of them.

Ah, yes...Coldplay, Keane and so on....
But, I'm afraid were talking about U2, so don't compare those ballad orientated, boring, dull bands, singing they quasi-deep songs...sorry, but U2 should walk with the gigants, this band is a living legend, there's no way to compare U2 to those bands.
You can compare U2 to Depeche Mode, Metallica, The Cure, never to Coldplay....

U2girl said:
I don't listen to Bon Jovi and Vertigo is one of my least liked songs on the album (with a great riff though).
Happy now?

:rolleyes:

hand on my heart, gun to my head:
yes, i am.

Marr said:

But, I'm afraid were talking about U2, so don't compare those ballad orientated, boring, dull bands, singing they quasi-deep songs...sorry, but U2 should walk with the gigants, this band is a living legend, there's no way to compare U2 to those bands.

I'm sorry, but I'd NEVER want to compare U2 to the utter tripe that is Metallica. That's just sacrilige. :| Regarding Coldplay, we should be comparing Coldplay to U2, not the other way around. There is a difference. Coldplay's sound appears to be quite influenced by U2's, and quite a few uninformed Coldplay fans seem to think it's U2 that's been influenced by Coldplay.

See I wouldnt call Metallica even close to Coldplay talent wise.

Lets compare the other bands you listed though to the new record HTDAAB:

Deppeche Mode - Exciter - Probably the worst album they have come out with in their long and innovative career. HTDAAB blows it out of the water.

The Cure - Bloodflowers - Had a few decent tracks on it and the rest of it was very below average. Again I would much rather listen to the new U2 album then this record.

Marr said:

I don´t think that Yahweh was comparing them (the band) to U2... He was just talking about an album!

Yahweh said:
See I wouldnt call Metallica even close to Coldplay talent wise.

Lets compare the other bands you listed though to the new record HTDAAB:

Deppeche Mode - Exciter - Probably the worst album they have come out with in their long and innovative career. HTDAAB blows it out of the water.

The Cure - Bloodflowers - Had a few decent tracks on it and the rest of it was very below average. Again I would much rather listen to the new U2 album then this record.

Wow... Exactly the way I feel...

Did I say that Coldplay is as talented as U2 no I just said that A Rush Of Blood To The Head is one of the most solid records written in the last 10 years that havent been written by U2. It is an album from start to end that you can listen to and there isnt many albums you can say that about these days.

Marr said:

No. U2 has shown more talent and versatility in their career than these bands.

Yahweh said:

Exciter? I think it was great, "Dead Of The Night" is my favourite DM track since "I Feel You", "I Feel Loved" and "Dream On" are also great, with one of the best lyrics i've ever heard....

And the self-titled Cure album, is also very good, not as good as let's say "Disintegration" but i enjoyed it...for a week or so:)

unnamed_streets said:
metallica rules! :rockon: ... or ruled. before st. craptacular that is.

well i agree, st.anger ain't that good...
but the riff of "some kind of monster", ahh poetry...:)

GibsonGirl said:

I'd take The Scientist. :|

Unforgiven, mayby? :)
come on, we're talking about METALLICA here!
Coldplay will be as huge and imporatan as metallica....
this band changed the history of music, and means a lot to many people, it's more then just metal or rock, just like U2.

Back
Top Bottom