MERGED ---> The Edge SHREDS during Desire! + Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
The Edge SHREDS during Desire!

This is awesome

I downloaded the final Lovetown tour concert (January 10, 1990) and I noticed that Desire was 5:36 long, so I listened to it first. Man, it was so cool! Edge did his regular solo and stuff during the first 4 minutes or so, but after Bono played his harmonica, the song just kept going. Bono gives us instructions on how to be in a rock band, and Edge plays this wicked solo! I think he actually shreds. It is so cool. Shorter but better than the Bullet the Blue Sky solo even. Man it was awesome!!

If you want me to send it to you, my AOL Instant Messenger is: FenderZigocaster

You guys have to hear it! It's so cool!!!!!!

He did this a few times on Lovetown, actually. If memory serves correct, my favourite is from the 20 October 1989 Sydney show. I think that's the date ...

Here we go, I just tracked down the song. 20 October 1989, from the bootleg In The Name Of Sydney, 4:45 in length.

Bono: "So you want to be in a rock and roll band? Better listen now to what I say. Just get yourself an electric guitar; in a week or two you can learn how to play. La la la la la la la, la la la, la la la yeah ..."
Then Edge really goes at it! Woo!

Having just listened to 10 January 1990, I can't figure out which I think is best! The 10/01/90 version is longer, but 20/10/89 is still absolute quality!

I don't have an AOL instant messenger. If it can be emailed, could you send it to me? (playthebluesedge@yahoo.com)

Axver said:
Here we go, I just tracked down the song. 20 October 1989, from the bootleg In The Name Of Sydney, 4:45 in length.

Bono: "So you want to be in a rock and roll band? Better listen now to what I say. Just get yourself an electric guitar; in a week or two you can learn how to play. La la la la la la la, la la la, la la la yeah ..."
Then Edge really goes at it! Woo!

Having just listened to 10 January 1990, I can't figure out which I think is best! The 10/01/90 version is longer, but 20/10/89 is still absolute quality!

Stop it. You're killing me. How did you find the song? Can you send it to me?

clarog@terra.com.br

I'll try and send the song, but my ISP's e-mail server is unreliable at the moment, so I can't guarantee it'll work. I'll try, though!

OK, I'm sending the file to ylime and BrazilianFly now. I'm hoping it works. Sorry, innocent_eyes, but the file sizes are too large for a Hotmail address, otherwise I would've sent it to you too.

I'm opening my e-mail right now, usually songs are heavy stuff so it's taking a while. When I get the song I send it to you innocent_eyes!

Thanks a lot Axver!!!! YOU ROCK!!!!! :hyper:

I'm back. :wave: Unfortunaly I couldn?t listen to the Rotterdam recording, I could listen to the beginning but the it speeded up and ended abruptly. :shrug: But I did listened to the Sydney version!!! :evil: Awesome, yeah there's some shredding there!!! :hyper: Sounds pretty cool, the new solos could sound something like that couldn?t they? That would be awesome!!! Thanks again Axver! :hug:

Hey Axver, if you sent it to me, I didn't get it. Would you mind trying again?

TheBrazilianFly said:
Unfortunaly I couldn?t listen to the Rotterdam recording, I could listen to the beginning but the it speeded up and ended abruptly.

That's strange that it didn't work. Want me to send it to you again, or has discothequeLP sent you a copy? By the way, thanks discothequeLP for sending copies to the others. Strange you didn't get it, ylime, because my Outlook says it sent to you.

Awesome, yeah there's some shredding there!!! :hyper: Sounds pretty cool, the new solos could sound something like that couldn?t they?

Yeah, it's great! I'd love to hear some more like that on the next tour. It's so cool! Glad to send it to you, and if anyone else wants a copy, just ask. Hopefully my Outlook will work!

I have it now. I don't know exactly who it's from. Thanks to Axver and discothequeLP. I can't wait to listen to it!

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu, I'll send you a copy soon, my Internet's currently crawling right now. That's cool you have it now, ylime. BrazilianFly, have you got the Rotterdam version now or do you want me to send it on to you? Anyone I've missed out on? Remember, if you want a copy, don't give a Hotmail/MSN address because they're too small.

Alright folks, I've got some semblance of speed now, I'll be sending the file soon. I hope it gets through.

OK, I'm sending the Rotterdam file right now to Flying FuManchu, greety, g0rman, and BrazilianFly (BrazilianFly: I wasn't sure if discothequeLP had sent you a copy of it or not so I decided to send it to you just in case; I hope that's alright). sue4u2, I didn't send a copy to you because discothequeLP says he did, so hopefully you have it now. Those of you who gave Hotmail addresses, I can't send it to you because the file is larger than Hotmail's 2MB inbox size limit.

I hope I haven't missed anyone! If I have, I'm sorry! Just post and I'll get a copy sent to you as long as your inbox is large enough.

Back
Top Bottom