MERGED ---> The Edge SHREDS during Desire! + Desire

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
OK, I'm sending the Rotterdam file right now to Flying FuManchu, greety, g0rman, and BrazilianFly (BrazilianFly: I wasn't sure if discothequeLP had sent you a copy of it or not so I decided to send it to you just in case; I hope that's alright).

Thank you so much!! :hug:

Thanks Axver for sending but I still haven't gotten anything. Don't know if the others did. I don't have a hotmail addy though. Maybe i'll get it later. i'll let you know.
thanks anyway

Axver said:
Bono: "So you want to be in a rock and roll band? Better listen now to what I say. Just get yourself an electric guitar; in a week or two you can learn how to play. La la la la la la la, la la la, la la la yeah ..."
Then Edge really goes at it! Woo!

That is a snippet from So You Wanna Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star from The Byrds. I don't know the Sydney version, but in the Rotterdam version Bono also sings (or rather improvises on) 1969 by The Stooges (the real inspiration for Desire). Actually, I think that version of Desire is lacking a bit when you don't have All Along The Watchtower following it. Completely different than the R&H version, with again amazing guitar work by The Edge.

:hyper:

I'd be interested in hearing this - if someone would be so kind to send it to me. I have some live recordings (some on CD's, some on .mp3's) from this era, so perhaps I can send you something in exchange. Please let me know!

E-mail: U2ulysses@yahoo.com

That's really strange that you didn't get it, greety. Want me to try again? u2ulysses, hopefully I'll be able to send the file to you later. And thanks for the proper reference, Marty!

Why did you make this thread? :scratch: There's already a thread where people are asking for it.....

Maybe Interference could host the mp3 somewhere on this site to make it easier to the ones who are sending it to everybdy.

Urgh, this is annoying how the file's getting through to some people but not to others ...

I'll try and forward the one discothequeLP sent me, Greety. That one worked for me.

now that we're talking DESIRE here...

I'm looking for DESIRE and ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER from the 1989 New Year's Eve Show...

If someone has those songs, email me to pepokiss@hotmail.com to figure that out...

:wink:

I want the song too-hey Axver do you want to make me a copy of the boot, all I can offer you in return is a copy of the Brisbane pop mart show (which you probably already have), but hey let me know, I would love to have a look at your boot collection:wink:

Neutral, I'll try to send you a copy. I'm getting the worst speeds right now but I'll try to send it. It will definitely save sending it to everyone else!

OzAurora, unfortunately I only have this show in MP3 format, though I've got quite a few normal audio and DVD concerts. If you want check out my list, it's at http://www.geocities.com/u2axver

Neutral, Outlook says that I've successfully sent the file to you, so hopefully you've got it ... we'll have to wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom