MERGED ---> THAT song!! Did we ever find out who it is!?!?+ Mystery song thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
THAT song!! Did we ever find out who it is!?!?

There was an mp3 clip of a song that sounded a lot like U2.

Some of the lyrics sounded like:

"When I left you. You said you loved me."

It was a great clip and inspired a lot of discussion here but....

Did we ever figure out where the song came from?

Was it a U2 demo we've never heard?

A U2 sound alike band (famous or not famous)?

Was the mystery ever solved?

Do you know what I'm talking about?

Any help from the Intereference crowd would be great!!

Really!?!? Still a mystery!?!?

All the U2 fans out there (not to mention other music fans) and we can't figure it out!

If I remember correctly, the song was recorded off the radio in Canada around 1993. Supposedly the person who recorded the song had heard it a few times on Canadian radio before capturing the clip.

I guess we'll just have to keep hoping someone recognizes it...

hmmm...i remember this too! i remember listening to it and still not being able to figure out who it was. if someone can decipher a couple lines' worth of lyrics, you can always try doing a text search of the lyrics! (i've had to do that before when searching for the lyrics for hard-to-find songs.)

KhanadaRhodes said:
if someone can decipher a couple lines' worth of lyrics, you can always try doing a text search of the lyrics! (i've had to do that before when searching for the lyrics for hard-to-find songs.)

haha I do that too...
I searched for it on Google when this question was last brought up, but had no luck :|

That song was searched in every way possible, with every possible combination of lyrics and noone came up with anything.

Sounded remarkably like U2 circa ZooTv era, very cool sounding, but the overwhelming opinion was that it was certainly not U2 but a really good imitation.

Probably a local Canadian band and the radio station was just misinformed.

Dorian Gray said:
haha I do that too...
I searched for it on Google when this question was last brought up, but had no luck :|
crap! :grumpy: does anyone know which station it was played on? if so, soeone in the area could always try calling them and see if anyone knows. i know it was played a long time ago, but you never know. :shrug:

Original thread....

Here's the original thread. I doubt the links to those clips are still active, but I know I have the files somewhere. I'll see if I can get them online again.

I'd love to see this one get solved. We pretty much ran out of ideas the last time around.

-Mike

Well, going back and rereading the thread (as well as various threads about the song at LetsSingIt.com, the U2 LiveJournal community, and other places), I got an idea. Would it be possible to contact someone from MTV or VH1 (or some other music channel) and somehow get them to say something about it on TV? I know it's kind of a farfetched idea, but it might work.

Mystery song thread from summer?

Hey all, haven't posted in months and just had a quick question. Does anyone remember the thread from the summer or maybe Spring that had a link to a song that sounded like U2? We decided that it was not U2, but no one could figure out who's song it was. I think the clip was even sent ot some Radio DJ's in La and NY, but even they didn't know. Did we ever find out?

Just wondering because the other day, someone played me a few tracks from some English Cristian band called "Delerium" and the lead singer sounds alot like Bono. Just wondering if the clip could have been from one of there songs?

Last edited:
No, I know which one you're talking about, actually that thread is probably close to 2 years old now, I don't think they ever figured out who it was. I'll see if I can go back and find it....

Back
Top Bottom