MERGED-->Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

Tranquilfire said:
I decided today, that since it started snowing here in Colorado, I would reward myself with another sneak peek at U2's new album, and boy did I pick a humdinger! Is there anyone else here that thinks Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is one of the most nakedly beautiful songs U2 has ever done?! Great shimmery guitar, great heartfelt lyrics, and utterly heart-wrenching and fantastic falsetto in the chorus. I can't get enough of it right now. And the ending is tremendous!

Not snowing yet here in Denver, but worth the listen nonetheless. :) I agree, this track just keeps growing. Bono's vocals are perfectly matched with the emotion of the song. The guitar is restrained until that explosion towards the latter part of the song.

What's next on the list? :)

There's a guitar line in the background during the choruses before the full band comes in. Hearing this brings back the exact same feeling I had when I first heard "Ultraviolet" and "Acrobat" from Achtung.

Such a nice warm, twilight feeling.
:hmm:

The more I hear this track, the more I can't help but feel that this song can hold its own with classics like One and With or Without You. It builds to a nice blissful storm of passion just as One and With or Without You does.

Re: Re: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

ADecentMelody said:

Not snowing yet here in Denver, but worth the listen nonetheless. :) I agree, this track just keeps growing. Bono's vocals are perfectly matched with the emotion of the song. The guitar is restrained until that explosion towards the latter part of the song.

What's next on the list? :)

Haha, not sure yet. I'm really trying to hold out on the second half of the album until it comes out. I guess it depends on how much it snows in C Springs.:wink: Anyways, if you're a watcher of The O.C. at all, I can definitely see this song as an episode closer. They've used some pretty nice slow ballads for that purpose, and I'm flattered beyond belief that I can hear my favorite band on my favorite show on December 2nd.

bonolady said:
I hope you all wil BUY the album !!!

I'll be at Best Buy waiting at the door before they open on Nov. 23rd, to buy the CD. I will also buy the collectors edition if they have "Fast Cars" on it. :yes:

Not that I've heard the album a few times. This song is my favorite, just barely beating MD.

Can - you - hear - me - when - I -Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnng

you're the reason I sing

You're the reason why the opera is in me

:sad:

Before, I said that it seems like I was reading his diary. It's even stronger now that I've listened to the emotion in the delivery. And those background musicians are amazing on this song as well.

Back
Top Bottom