MERGED--> Sometimes Played In Tsunami Aid Promo + "Live Aid II" + Is U2 involved

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
"Live Aid II" ???

Anyone know what's happening with the reported Tsunami relief concert that there was talk of last week???
Why has there been so little reported??
Where is U2 in all of this?
They should be leading the way on something like this don't you think?
What the hell is going on - is Edge's daughter ill???

I assume U2 is not playing.

this is the latest:

[q]Cardiff Tsunami Relief Concert Sells Out

Organisers have confirmed that the huge Cardiff Tsunami Relief Concert at The Millennium Stadium on January 22 has now sold out. All 60,000 tickets were snapped up in just three days, although more may be made available soon.

The Tsunami Relief Aid concert has now sold out. The event set to take place at Cardiff's Millenium Stadium on January 22 has sold all of its 60,000 tickets in just 3 days.

The current line-up for the concert includes Eric Clapton, Manic Street Preachers, Badly Drawn Boy, Jools Holland and his Rhythm and Blues Orchestra, Snow Patrol, Embrace, Feeder, Lemar, Aled Jones and Katherine Jenkins with more acts set to be confirmed.

However, stadium bosses are working on ways to fit yet more people into the venue and have hinted that there may be more tickets on sale in the coming days.

Millennium Stadium General Manager Paul Sergeant said, “We have been bowled over by the incredible response we have had for this event from which all profits will go to the Tsunami Relief Fund. We are now looking at the production details and hopefully we will be able to release more tickets in the next few days."

It is anticipated that the event will run from around 2.00pm until 10.30pm.

Any remaining tickets are priced at £30, £22.50 and £15. If more tickets are released they will be available on 08705 582 582 or at www.ticketmaster.co.uk (Ticketmaster will not be charging a booking fee) with all proceeds going to aid the victims of the tsunami disaster.

http://www.xfm.co.uk/Article.asp?b=news&id=61140

[/q]

I was watching USA this evening and they advertised for a special: TSUNAMI AID: A CONCERT OF HOPE airing January 15th at 8pm. The background music was SYCMIOYO. Who knows what this means but it just wanted to pass it along.

Harry Vest said:
What a sad lineup!!!
Where is U2????
You'd think they'd jump on this.
What the hell is going on??????????????????????

:eyebrow:

:|

Harry Vest said:
Thanks to all 49 people who have viewed this thread - Thanks for responding. Geez.

if you'd looked at some previous threads, you'd find that the reason noone had responded is because there are already quite a few threads going about this.

i'm going, got my tickets the other day and while theres a bunch of stuff on there that i'm not that fussed about, there are a few bands that i'm really looking forward to.
regardless i think its gonna be a whole lot of fun and hopefully raise a whole lot of money

artisits are beign updated everday - have a look here if you want to see:
http://www.millenniumstadium.com/3923_3925.php
the lineup is far from finalised though

none of the original big names being bantered about (Coldplay, U2, Darkness) have signed which i'm quite surprised about considering Coldplay are quite heavily into their charity work. as are U2 obviously but considering theyre apparently postponing their world tour i would be surprised if they DID then sign up for this.
one can hope though (fingers crossed)

wow - that line up is so much better than the one in the UK!

These benefit concerts are nice... but some of us have already given and don't need to be badgered about giving even more. I hope some of these stars are also digging into their own wallets and not just performing. Fortunately, Elton John is an excellent example of a man who does both - not only a great performer and musician, but generous man. However, can that be said of all artists? Hmmm... If only more followed Bono's and Elton John's leads...

I think people would give more if they knew that the money was actually going to what it is meant to go for instead of governments stealing it and it going into other pockets other then those that really need it. Will the people affected by this disaster be any more well off in 5 years...that has yet to be seen but I would say its questionable at best. Still its the right thing to do to send aid over there even if only a little bit of it gets to the people that need it.

I read today that Paul McCartney gave 1 million pounds

Anyway, I didn't mean this to be any sort of debate about this concert, etc. I just thought it was nice to see that song used :)

Re: Sometimes Played In Tsunami Aid Concert Promo

MrsSpringsteen said:
I don't know how much of it is played because I was channel surfing and only saw the end of the promo

Saw the commercial last night on MSNBC, very little of the song is played at the end.

Is U2 involved in this or not? If not why use U2 music???

Ok NBC has been running an ad for this Tsunami concert that will air tomorrow on Many channels like NBC,Sci Fi,USA ect.

The thing is they use SYCMIOYO as the theme for the ad but on the page for the event they dont list U2 as one of the acts unless U2 is listed as one of the others.

But my q why would they use a U2 song if they are not going to be there and if they are why use a U2 song and dont list them as one of the main acts but rather one of the others?

You can find info about the event and can play the ad here.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/Tsunami_Aid:_A_Concert_of_Hope/

Yep......sort of like after 9/11 when ATYCLB was used all of the time for video footage.....

Now I wonder if U2 is letting NBC use the track free of charge?

I've been hearing it the last couple of day's but just the words "Sometimes you can't make it on your own" part of the song and a snip of the music. Haven't heard the entire track played.
Still thought it was at least a contribution to the benefit even if they couldn't arrange to perform at this time. :wink:

Personally FURIOUS no-one mentioned the tickets were on sale...NOTHING on the News on TV...NO-ONE in my area knew and some of us were really looking forward to TRYING to go...!! :(

This warrants a BUMP :D

LIVE
BBC2 18.00-19.00
FIVE 19.00-21.00
BBC Wales 21.00-22.00
22.20-23.00

Radio 2 20.30-22.30

HIGHLIGHTS
BBC2 23.00-00.00

:up:

Last edited:
There was a U2 connection until they decided they weren't going to do it or weren't asked! :rolleyes:

I just posted the broadcast info to be helpful to anyone keen on tuning in :)

Artists and video highlights here http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/music/sites/tsunamireliefcardiff/

However, I have found a complete 128kbps mp3 of the whole concert as broadcast in full on BBC Radio Wales that someone has posted in the following newsgroups:

alt.binaries. mp3
alt.binaries.warez.uk. mp3

Subject: "(Millenium Stadium Tsunami Concert ripped from BBC Radio Wales by DrCD)"

:yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom