MERGED-->Sky Captain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My theory is that Vertigo was originally slated for Sky Captain.

HOWEVER- Once the track really started coming together- Bono and band probably just took off with it and they realized that it was too good for the Soundtrack to a stupid movie, and was good enough actually to be their lead-off single. If this is the case, I'm almost 100% positive they wouldn't want to share or associate Vertigo with the movie in this way.

Just my 2cents

I agree with you elfyx, 100%. Apparently the artist Damien Hirst dropped by the studio in January and after listening to the new material dropped the names vertigo and how to dismantle an atomic bomb as possible album titles based on what he heard. I'm thinking bono took vertigo and worked it into the song to the point that it even became the chorus and the band was like "um, sorry sky captain, but this may be the lead single for the album".

The movie looks like crap. I am glad U2 are not associated with it. If they had been I bet they would have given them a really good b-side rather than an actual album track.

VertiGone said:
I agree with you elfyx, 100%. Apparently the artist Damien Hirst dropped by the studio in January and after listening to the new material dropped the names vertigo and how to dismantle an atomic bomb as possible album titles based on what he heard. I'm thinking bono took vertigo and worked it into the song to the point that it even became the chorus and the band was like "um, sorry sky captain, but this may be the lead single for the album".

When I was at HQ a couple of months back Bono dismissed several song titles (as I reported here at the time), SkyHawk was one, Regarding the film and soundtrack his response was that the song and the notion of a soundtrack were totally off the mark. It seemed that he hadn't even heard of the film.

Sky Captain?

OK, what about that movie, "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," that was supposed to have a new U2 song on the soundtrack? Has that rumor been disproven? I looked up the soundtrack and it only gave an orchestral score--no rock-type songs.
Anyone else know about this and can tell me anything?
'Cause I'm confused.

Wasn't there supposed to be a song called "Skyhawk"? Haven't heard anything about that one for ages...

Back
Top Bottom