MERGED-->Singles from HTDAAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miracle Drug strikes me as a song like Until the End of the World/Bad thatz rele awesome but doesn't need 2 b a single to b awesome:wink:

HTDAAB singles - your views

If you had free reign which songs would you release as singles from HTDAAB. Pretend Vertigo hadn't been annnounced would you still release it has lead off single? I think Crumbs From Your Table would make a great christmas single, i have no idea why it just feels kinda 'christmasy' to me (in a very good way of course).

I would release:

1)Oct 2004 Vertigo
2)Feb 2004 OOTS (radio edit)/Love and Peace or Else (double A side - keep the cool rock image in the public)
3)May 2004 All Because of You
4)Sept 2004 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Owm
5)Dec 2004 Crumbs From Your Table

I've not chosen my favourite songs but ones which might be decent singles (They could never release a good radio edit of COBL without spoiling it). I'm not too good at judging album tracks as singles so i'm sure you can do better than me at this!

Miracle Drug is definatly a number one single!
It will be released in may. As the fourth single after Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and All Because Of You.

I think SYCMIOYO will not be released as a single for some reason. I think this will be the "Kite" or the "UTEOTW" of this album. It's such an awesome song, but at 5 minutes it is too long for a single. I doubt U2 would want to hack a minute off of this personal song to make it fit as a single.

This is actually really hard to even guess, because from the first listen I've thought every song except "A Man and a Woman," "One Step Closer" and "Yaweh" could be easy singles.

Herco said:
Miracle Drug is definatly a number one single!
It will be released in may. As the fourth single after Vertigo, SYCMIOYO and All Because Of You.

i dont think Miracle Drug would be successful at all.... i think they have about 6 or 7 songs on the album that would do better than it.

Miracle Drug
All Because of You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
A Man & A Woman (it just has to be!)

If they release

1. Vertigo
2. SYCMIOYO
3. Miracle Drug
4. Love And Peace
and 5. ABOY as singles

and put COBL and Man And Woman to radio,this album will be a goldmine! 8 Mil probably!

Guys do you think SYCMIOYO will be a smash hit? We all know for a fact it is going to be the second single and will be released early next year. Do you think it has the potential to top the charts? I haven't heard a song like this on the charts for years and years. I don't think it will be too warmly accepted by the crap on today's charts. :(

Back
Top Bottom