MERGED --> Should Mercy have been on HTDAAB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might be too long to be on the album. Maybe they could have finished it more, too. Still, it's a very good B-side, better than Are You Gonna Wait Forever, and I liked that song!

So no, I don't think it would have fit on the album.

Nope. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it's definitely a b-side.

i just posted this in the original thread ... but anyone see any similarities to clarity era jimmy eat world? (i.e. "lucky denver mint")

Nope, I'm gonna agree w/ Bono and say it's one of the best b-sides! It's so good, but just not quite good enough to replace any of the songs already on the album. I suppose it could be a 12th track, but then they'd have to use a different b-side and people would be complaining about half-assed b-sides!

With work on the verses and stucture it could EASILY be a hit single.

This is because the chorus' are ABSOLUTE MAGIC....WOW!!! Like i said, more work on the verses and structure, with that chorus...WOW...that is a number 1 chorus if i've ever heard one.

If we could get our hands on a higher quality rip............. but now need to buy the single.:wink:

This is very New Order\Joy Division and Depeche mode...
Anyone else notice this? It reminds me mostly of New Order - 'Thieves Like Us' and a bit of 'Temptation.'

love is come again... I am gone again...
love is justice... a charity
love brings with it a clarity
Love is come again
I'm alive again
Aliiiive, I'm alive
Baby, I'm born again... and again.. and again... and again... and again... again...

My 2 cents--
I think it very easily could have been on the album right after ABOY and before AMAAW. Great song tho something is not quite right--a bit more time in production and this song would fit right in.

This Mercy song opens up the can of worms regarding how finished are the HTDAAB songs we've been listening to the past few days.

I would like to know more about how Marisa (and her friend) got this CD. What does the CD look like? Are the songs on it (assuming they're the obvious 11) the same versions as the songs we've been listening to? Who else got a copy of that 12-track CD? Is that what got leaked? If so, why not all 12?

The plot thickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom