MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
A secret NEW YORK show to promote the album?!? U2log reports...

U2 to Surprise NYC?
cindy // 18-11-04 // 07:19 PM // Comments (0)
For a while now, we’ve been hearing a rumor about a secret show in New York City to promote the release of How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. No insiders have been willing to spill the full beans to us — only provide vague hints. Based on those hints, we have concluded it may be an outdoor concert (the comment made was the show would “stop traffic”) and will occur early next week. (U2 will appear on Saturday Night Live this Saturday and will participate in the KROCK Club Vertigo event on Sunday.)

We have also been lead to believe that this possible secret show may be filmed and/or televised because of the kind of crew supposedly being brought in. This crew, however, could be working on one or both of the other promo events going on this weekend.

In conclusion, there may be a secret show in New York City in the next few days. There may not be. If you’re a New Yorker, you should keep your eyes and ears open. U2 might be playing on your door stoop.

If the clue about stopping traffic is true, the show may take place in a very popular location in the city— perhaps Times Square, Rockefeller Plaza, or one of the city’s popular parks.

* Outdoor show to stop the traffic? (rock n roll stops the traffic hehe) Did anyone hear anything like this?

I don't know if this is true but it would be the coolest thing ever. I have been thinking about that exact concept lately: U2 should do a surprise outdoor mini-gig in a big city somewhere to promote the album. That would totally kick ass, and a very U2 thing to do. Even if I don't live in New York and couldn't be there, I wish this rumor is true!

boosterjuice said:
U2 girl, I'm curious about your rumor source. Where did you hear that from?

Like the thread title suggests, U2log.com posted the story.

My local radio station is promoting a contest today that if you are the 20th caller after a certain band plays you are entered to win tickets to a new york club show for 200 people where U2 will be the headliner. Sounds like Irving Plaza 2!!!

uhhh...I am sooo... not there...
NY is too far so I am sooo HERE... at interference...listening to the ?live feed? with all the blue crack heads!!!
:cool:

This weekend and next week are so not going to suck
:bow: :bow: :bow: :edge: :bono: :adam: :larry:

Last edited:
sounds great...doin something during thanksgiving week would be good here, then the SNL performance. We're in for a week....I'll be there if its confirmed..

If it were at Irving Plaza, again, it's enitrely possible that 200 of the audience would be regular fans and 300 or so would be "industry".

The 2000 IP gig had Billy Corgan, Zach De La Rocha, Mike Mcready and other musicians at it. I am guessing they were invitees.

Also if it's outdoors, don't rule out a gig for David Letterman this week. It might be unannounced until the day. Of course unless it's tomorrow night, that would'nt make sense, so nevermind. :)

U2DMfan said:
If it were at Irving Plaza, again, it's enitrely possible that 200 of the audience would be regular fans and 300 or so would be "industry".

The 2000 IP gig had Billy Corgan, Zach De La Rocha, Mike Mcready and other musicians at it. I am guessing they were invitees.

Also if it's outdoors, don't rule out a gig for David Letterman this week. It might be unannounced until the day. Of course unless it's tomorrow night, that would'nt make sense, so nevermind. :)

if it was on letterman tommorow night, we'd already know about it... letterman tapes his thursday and friday shows on thursday.

i'll try to ask some people i know in the police department if they'd heard anything... odds are it won't be saturday because they wouldn't do the show AND snl... if it's outdoors then sunday's out 'cause why would they be giving away tickets to something that anyone could show up to? although the "listening party" is still listed as at an "unknown location"

:hmm:

maybe they'll be in times square on MTV or something... that would "stop the traffic"

I AM SO THERE! I just don't know where :laugh: I wonder when we will get any details Youtwohearts and I will be in the city all weekend for any events that happen. *Prays* Please have this secret gig sunday........:hyper:

keep your eyes peeled on the following location... washington square park in greenwich village, right near NYU

wsq.jpg

wash-sq-park.gif

Headache in a Suitcase said:
keep your eyes peeled on the following location... washington square park in greenwich village, right near NYU

wsq.jpg

wash-sq-park.gif

Headache, why do you say that??

Now Headache, I know that you aren't really Paul McGuiness in disguise, but, any idea what time this would be happening? I mean, what time do secret outdoor gigs start? Like during rush hour or usual concert time like 8pm? I'm gonna be in the city taking my son for Pre-Operational tests and if it's like dinner time, maybe I can take him and and my wife to the park for a bit afterwards. We used to go to washington square park all the time, it would be like a blast from the past.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom