MERGED-->Secret NYC Show/New Yorkers! Show's on Monday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW, the forecast for tomorrow is cold and cloudy, but not very probable for rain. Low 50's are the expected temperatures.

Last edited:
Since it's MTV sponsored, it'll probably be shown on MTV, hopefully live! If it is, expect an equally live audio stream for those that can't watch MTV :) (and bunches of MP3s afterwards, of course!)

gorman said:
Since it's MTV sponsored, it'll probably be shown on MTV, hopefully live! If it is, expect an equally live audio stream for those that can't watch MTV :) (and bunches of MP3s afterwards, of course!)

Gorman, I'm extremely disappointed! You're meant to be there, feeding us live audio from the soundboard! You let us down on SNL and now this. Oh, I've had it with your total incompetence at providing Interference with U2 material!

:wink:

(Sarcasm, of course. Another audio feed ... it seems like too much to ask for. You're great to the rest of us here.)

Axver said:

Gorman, I'm extremely disappointed! You're meant to be there, feeding us live audio from the soundboard! You let us down on SNL and now this. Oh, I've had it with your total incompetence at providing Interference with U2 material!

:wink:

(Sarcasm, of course. Another audio feed ... it seems like too much to ask for. You're great to the rest of us here.)

I know! Man, what the hell am I doing?! I've been looking into purchasing a second hand satellite that will transmit a live feed from the camera crew I'll be hiring to attend every U2 performance. That feed will also be streamed over the 'net, and available free of charge to television stations around the globe. Oh yeah, and I'll be FedExing a DVD of every performance to everyone everywhere immediately following it.

Come to think of it, that would be really cool ;)

According to U2log.com they're only expecting the show to go for 3o mins? I'm glad to be able to go but the 30 minute thing is kind of a letdown. Has anyone else heard otherwise?

I bought tickets just two hours ago to fly to NYC to see this... impulse purchase, had a bit of a nest egg set aside for these sorts of things. I hope they play for more than 30 minutes, and I bet they will -- they did play more songs after SNL, after all. They just won't be on the MTV broadcast.

And if they don't, I have family in NYC, so I'll visit with them. =)

gorman said:
Come to think of it, that would be really cool ;)

I guess you better get your act together and steal Bill Gates' fortune so you can provide that service? Hop to it! Your slackness at thievery is most disappointing.

On my way to the airport!

Updated info from U2log

U2 Secret Show Undeniably, Absolutely, 100% Positively Confirmed

* cindy // 22-11-04 // 02:02 AM // full post (5)

U2log.com was lucky enough to be invited to the K-Rock listening party, which was held at Sony Studios at 54th and 10th in New York City this evening. We will have a full report with some photos of the band taken outside Sony Studios soon.

At the conclusion of the listening party, a member of U2’s management team pulled us aside and asked us to tell everyone whom we know (that’s you!) to be at Empire Fulton Ferry State Park at 3 pm tomorrow (Nov. 22) for a 30-minute concert by U2.

You have your official orders! Be there or miss something very special.

There will be no concert at Washington Square Park. It was the original location for the event, but on review they decided the area was too busy and not large enough to house the number of people expected at the show.

One final piece of great, official news is tickets are not required for this event.

I'll be there. Come from NJ, but work in the city. Just have to get off work early.

It is going to air on MTV ? Today or are they going to hold it back and air it later ?

What is the deal with the TV part?

T

Knuckle said:
Well, where are our spies in NYC on this? Someone get yer keester down down Washington Sq. Park and check out what's going on. Setting up a stage yet? If so, where? We need confirmation of something. I'm one of those getting ready to burn a vacation day from work tomorrow to hop on the train to NYC in the morning. We should have more than just rumors by now. Someone get down there, check it out and report your findings back here.

Was just down at Washington Square park.....there's a guy from interscope telling people to go to Fulton Square Ferry (whatever the name) park in Brooklyn at 4pm. Take f train to york street (first stop in brooklyn). You can catch the F train at Union Square/14th street. Alot of subways go through that station.

Wilbur

elfyx said:
man, i'm so confused. will we need for sure the iota tix? or no tix?

i'm so going to be there; i just need an excuse to leave work early, lol!

According to guy from interscope no tickets needed.....however, maybe the 1iota tickets are priority somehow. Not sure, got my tickets from 1iota.com though.....good thing I'm not 30....close though.

Wilbur

I'm at internet cafe near union square.....there seem to be alot of u2 fans around...just met 2 guys from Montreal that drove down to see the show....

Wilbur

For us not lucky enough to be able to get there today, does anyone know if any radio stations will be broadcasting this online at all??? (Sorry, if someone's already said and I missed it)

Thanks
Tanya

i'm so jealous
why cant i be there, or even in America actually for a start!
Anything would be closer than bloody Britain

Several tapers have gone over there. I know someone who is a great video guy, there. So boots will be around...

Back
Top Bottom