MERGED-->Rollins/E103.1/Anger Issues + Henry Rollins + Alert!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yep! I agree. Wouldn't it be funny though if even he liked the new single/album...lol! It would kill him, though he'd never admit it, most likely!

Exactly, Bono's Shades! :applaud:

Henry Rollins is a frustrated musician who's only hope to revived fame and fortune is to ride on the coattails of the flurry of interest in the music world of U2's upcoming CD and world tour. :eyebrow:

Evidently, negative attention is better than no attention to Mr. Rollins. :tsk:

IGNORE HIM AND HE WILL DISAPPEAR! That would p*ss him off more than our continuing to talk about him. :up:

Good discussion. :hug:

Jamila said:
Thank you, beli, for your post and your suggestion where we could better put our energies for change in the world. :wink:

I refuse to allow others to decide for me how I respond to them and/or to life. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. used to say not to allow a man to bring you down to their level by hating them in return. :ohmy:

Negativity produces negativity; positivity produces positivity. I choose positivity everytime!

Also, U2 does not need us to defend them and/or their music to Henry Rollins or anyone else. Their pre-eminent status in Rock music is secure and nothing Henry Rollins or anyone else says/does will change that. :yes:

I ask the U2 community to consider one thing: THE BEST THING WE CAN DO TO SHOW OUR LOVE FOR U2 IS TO SPEAK WELL OF OTHERS AND TREAT OTHERS RESPECTFULLY. :up:

The more that we can STAND ABOVE the obviously jealous escapades of Henry Rollins toward U2, the more we INCREASE goodwill for U2 in the public's eye. Consequently, the more that we rant and rave immaturely, the more we decrease goodwill for U2 and their fans in the public's eye.

I suggest that we do what Bono says...LET IT GO and it will FADE AWAY. :hug: :bono: :heart: :heart: ;)

Very well said.

dsmith2904 said:
How do you know it really was Henry Rollins?

People sometimes are a tad gullible. I'm sure the man has other things to do than pick fights on message boards. Besides, isn't he busy emailing people back with swipes at Bono's hair? Like he'd take the time to insert his avatar...

mikal said:
good post.

basically where i stand is that i'm still angry at how they falsely advertised the new single. i'm more upset that i wasted my own time listening to that crap station. there's no crime in being dissapointed and frustrated about what happened last night.

Mikal: I can understand the frustration at not hearing a promised song. The station did state they would play it. However, their failure to play the song really amounts to nothing more than an annoyance.

From my perspective, we heard a radio station play nothing but U2 all day. Admittedly, I only listened a bit, but it was quite enjoyable to hear U2 song after U2 song. So while no new song was played, I refuse to fault a station for their outstanding selection of music. ;)

Was Rollins irritable? And how! But that's true regardless of when and where. :lol: His anti-U2 schtick is nothing new and his willingness to whore himself out for fame is no longer surprising. What was surprising is how low he's had to stoop (an indie station?) to get public attention.

Regardles, from my perspective, no time was wasted. I surfed the web, enjoyed some time here and listened to U2. I call that a good time! :)

I hardly think I'm a gullible person <but I could be wrong> If Henry Rollins has time to email ppl back about Bono's hair he certainly has time to insert an avatar!

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it certainly could be a DUCK!

I was just reporting wot I saw!

Hey, if for anything it's something to talk about while we wait.

Wouldn't it be something if U2 hired Henry to fire up the fans!? Like we needed more :wink:

U2dork said:

People sometimes are a tad gullible. I'm sure the man has other things to do than pick fights on message boards. Besides, isn't he busy emailing people back with swipes at Bono's hair? Like he'd take the time to insert his avatar...

Other things to do like....pick fights via email? :wink:

So ummm anyone know any good pick-up lines? :shifty:

partygirl2u said:
Wouldn't it be something if U2 hired Henry to fire up the fans!? Like we needed more :wink:

ha, to quote Henry himself:

"They oughta hire me! This is real internet promo. For all any of you know, they might have. "

Love it. :love:

Sorry but I cant hate Rollins.

mikal said:

not that again........

downloading music for free is an issue that needs to stay out of this forum. if you want to start one in Free Your Mind, since it seems like an important issue, fine. but please, just not here. the way you bombarded my "interpol leaked" thread was bad enough.

Oh, please, get over yourself. I made a comment about what I thought while reading various threads. Big fricking deal. Stop being such a whiner.

indra said:

Oh, please, get over yourself. I made a comment about what I thought while reading various threads. Big fricking deal. Stop being such a whiner.

would you like a cigarette?

:lol:

It's too bad that they did not play it, but I will forgive them because they are an incredible radio station (other than Rollins' show)--I live in Los Angeles, and listen to it every day. My guess is that they probably received a "cease and desist" order that carried a huge financial threat.

I met Henry Rollins in 1985 while doing a radio show here in Winnipeg - he was goof who couldn't shut up about exercising and working out in his gym in L.A. - My co-host loved Black Flag and tried to conduct an interview on the music - Rollins would have none of it - all he wanted to do was talk about himself - didn't like him then - don't like him now.

Back
Top Bottom