Merged ----> ** Remembering SLANE ** + August 25, 2001

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am jj72s penis, hear me roar

bono_man said:

oh thats the one manda. that was the second biggest dick in the house coming in a close second to the lead singer from JJ72.
bwahahaha!!!:laugh: :laugh:
good one jonbonojovi_man :D

p.s. i was proposed to in the crowd that day by a lovely dooblin boy. dooblin boy, where are you now?

Last edited:
zooropamanda said:
Funny he should say that, eh fritz? :silent:

crowd6-q.jpg

i guess everyone's got large inflatable penis on the brain

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember Slane 2- and i was was wearing plastic bags round my feet cus i thought it was gonna be really muddy but they had like cardboard stuff down beside the stage

LMFAO!!!!!!

OMGOMGOMGOMG see the wee bit beside the castle im going there this year as a V.I.P and we get tables to sit at!!!!!!!!! OMG jsut say U2 go as V.I.P's as well *dies*

Roger Taylor was at Slane 2!!

And i Loved the fireworks!!!!!!!

And there was about 50 security checks before getting it

I loved Slane

I loved Slane

Oh oh oh and remember after the shoew the wee man on the microphone Ladies and Gentlemen there are 2 main exits one to the north and one for the west please take your time and omg the YELLOW emergancy ponchos and afterwards walking down the lane STUFFED with ppl and an ambulance came and i ran after it like a fool hahahaha

And then U2 came out after they played Thin Lizzy's The Boys are back in town and then Bono played All I want Is You for Ali and i dont remember a rapturous round of appluase for that tune but everyone had little lighters on for that song

:love: :love: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Awww I came looking for a Slane thread. :) I am Slane nostalgic right now. And I had such a wonderful time - it was a beautiful day! And nice to meet so many of you interlanders.

slane%20aerial%20view.jpg

slane%20peppers%20shirts%201.jpg

slane%20screens%20u2%201.jpg

*sigh*

ahh...is it a year today? well, its saturday here in oz so it is for us! god...would the chili's be on stage at this point?

*sighs...

yayayayay
ive already been trampled by coldplay nutters..and been pulled off the ground by a lovely boy whom however pulled my shirt over my head to do so.. :silent:

CHILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i didnt know your boobs made a special guest appearance manda!

geez...i didnt think the lineup could have gotten any bigger. :mac:

*runs

:wave:

*throws the giant blow up penis at bono_loser

when anthony kiedis tells me to do something, i listen

Gosh a whole year ago yesterday Slane was the place!! All I can remember (besides the music that is) is standing all day without eating and drinking (no way was I going to wait in a massive line for the "ladies room" :laugh: ) I just remeber the great people around me and the whole feeling of " oh my f:censored: ing lord, I'm at SLANE:yes: :D :) " OH I also find it really ironic that this is the same day I finally get up my ass and buy a new car!! 2 monumental things done on Aug. 25th 2001 and 2002:D

Hey AM baby, one of my Duooblin buds!!!

thanks for those pics, ive never seen them before and this is exactly where we were standing! We were one of those heads in front of the tent.
slane101.jpg

Re: I second everything bono_man said...

Angel said:
Greetings from Slane!! :wave:

3353292%3B23232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2327%3D494%3D8%3A6%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3C6334479ot1lsi

Is that Nelly Furtado????:scratch: Seriously! Maybe this food poisoning bout is making me hallucinate, but is that a pic of you or one of Nelly in the crowd at Slane2??

Actually here's what I said bout it here the day after:D

Uhhhhh, hard to describe! Intense! I'm from the west of ireland, we just got the train back there, didn't get back to Dublin city til 3am, maaaaaaad crowds!!!!!
Anyway, anyone going to Slane2, get there early!!!!!!!! You gotta get into the Heart or outer Heart, if you want a good spot, or you gonna have to stay back a bit, or risk dying! jaysus! LOL! Well, no lol, cause at times it was scary, me and my friends were at the peak centre of the second outer ring, and fucking hell!!!!!!! it was like nothing else, it was crammed!!!!!! I'm 6'6'', I coped, all my friends left that place after the Chillis, it was too much! I lost count of the girls I saw crying, not because of emotion, because of pain! It was sick at times! There was a lot of assholes, intent on pushing, and all this time, 2 metres away, at the other side of the barrier, there was acres of space!!!!!!! Even when U2 came on, still, loads of room!!!!
WHY DID THEY NOT LET MORE INTO THE OUTER HEART?!?!?!
And people puking, in the throngs! I can't understand why people get fucked at good gigs, I am all for going out on the piss, but go to all the trouble to get outta your mind and either get thrown out or puke and have to go, or forget everything?!?!?!? It was a bit annoying. Girls were seriously getting crushed! And I saw many complete pricks doing it on purpose. The crowd surfing, well, fucking hell, they coulda calmed a bit, 1 every minute, again, many landing on some poor person's head! And people screaming to get out. Some small fighting, more funny than anything, but hell, I am gonna be making my own way to Slane2! Got the ETS bus, we didn't get to the actual field til 11:20, and the heart was all full, and the outer heart, also "full". People we knew got there just before 11 and got in the outer heart, which coulda took a couple hundred more no problem. Look at the pictures, you can see the ground in the outer heart, and all you can see at the edges is throngs of people. My friends found a nice spot over in the corner, but I really feel sorry for the many people I saw getting hurt, those that weren't pissed outta their skull!
The gig itself, oh man! Well, Relish started, and were very good, crowd not anywhere near into it yet, but damn fine music, fair play to them!
JJ72, well, saw em at Witnness last year, and they were better, but they still did well, crowd getting more into it. Yer man lead singer Mark beat the shite outta the guitar at the end too, lol.
Kelis, well, I was sticking up for them when I saw them in London last saturday, but, well, they sucked here. Look at the rest of the bands, they didn't fit in. Felt a bit sorry for them, lots of "get the fuck off the stage" chanting.
Colplay, here the crush began! Majorly! My feet barely touched the ground the crowd was so squashed! They were very good though, Yellow went down tremendously well, as did Trouble and Don't Panic. Yer man Chris is gas, realy good, started Yellow with "There's been a lot of talk about this next song, maybe too much talk, this is not a RUBBISH song, this is...Yellow! LMAO!
Then.............Chillis!!!!! Uhoh! Time for FREAK OUT!!!!!!! The crownd started fucking loosing their minds, the vocals weren't the best in fairness, the guitars were fucking kicking! I thought it was a blinding performance, even though I saw a few bad reviews of their showing. They got the crowd going! Imagine seeing 80000 and the VIPs even swinging their shirts in the air!!! Awwwwwwww, hehehe, funny shit! I have some hopefully awesome pics, if they come out, from right there in the middle of all the shite! They even got a bit of our national anthem going, lol!!

Awwwwwwww, then ....well, the wait for U2, lol. Damn long wait, at this stage I was all alone, well, my friends had bailed, I insisted on staying, surviving the crush, cause it was a damn fine spot. Time passed by building many human pyramids, I pity anyone who got one of those fall on ya! And also mexican waves, fields of athenry, and the abuse of some poor bastard who was across in the outer heart. He was about 18, had blond streaks in his hair, and all the boys around me took a disliking to him. Fair enough, he was provoking us, oh what a fool, haha, he got pelted with burgers and spit and everything they could find, these boys were right ol' bogers. Then he responded by grabbing one of the water cups fromt he water trough and firing it at us, ahahahahaha! One of the security saw him, grabbed him, and gave him a good telling to. I won't type what was chanted at him
Then the sounds started up. Boys Are Back In Town, the Thin Lizzy classic, got us going, booming around the fecking awesome Amphitheatre that Slane is(hadn't been before, not the best Irish concert venue the last few years). Then Sgt Peppers, and surprisingly, nobody around me knew U2 were coming on! When they did, WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh fuck, I can't even try and describe the atmosphere! I've been to some amazing gigs, some amazing soccer matches, but NOT ONE COMES CLOSE! AWEsome. At times I just stood there, soaking it all up. Kite was very emotional again, fair play to Bono, he did superbly well last night, as did everyone. The tributes to Bob during that and One, and Bono describing his joy that God had saved his dad from his pain, well, they were chillingly beautiful. A sort Of Homecoming was incredible, at times a bit wierd, falling away, but the main bits came out amazing live. "On borderland.....tonight!" and so on. Many were kinda like "what is that?!!?" but still, great! The whole thing looked so surreal though, the surroundings, the stage, which was lit up brilliantly, and I saw some of ye say it looked very small in the pics, The stage is huge! Even from the back, when walking out, it looks so impressive

Sunday bloody sunday, well, obviously, wow! And Bono trying to get his speech in, lol, the crowd wouldn't shut up! He started up 3 times! Haha! And all the time "sunday bloody sunday!!!" was been chanted. He gave a great speech about Ireland, how we can be great and wow, the shout of approval, something else I tell ya! No more going back to the past, NO MORE!!!!!! Wow. An defining roar!
I'm not gonna bother describing most of the other songs, they were all just as expected, HOLY SHITE!!!!!!! All except Wake Up Dead Man, which is a superb song, but didn't do nothing last night, I think we were just taking a breather!
Well,s pecial mention must go to STREETS!!! Oh lord, one of the best moments in my life!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you U2!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you everyone there for going absolutely MENTAL!!!!!!!!!!!!! 80000 people who just lost their minds, lovely! I so hope there is a video of it, and next saturday, ALL AGAIN!!! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dancing In The Moonlight was nice too Yes, it is the Thin Lizzy song. Took them a while to get it going, I think they just chose it on the spot, or on the day, it worked nicely, short and sweeeeeeeet!
Just an observation now, not a complaint(hw could you?hehehe), but the London gig I went to was 2 and a half hours, this, Slane, the BIG ONE, was I think, 2 hours and maybe 5 minutes? Well, hehe, I think we woulda let them go on all night, they had to stop sometime. But no New York, no Gone, ah well, we got many other great things, like the thing itself.
Oh, and thnaks U2 for playing Pride,t aht stood out too, lovely stuff!
Well, Slane was everything I hoped it would be, it blew me away!!!!!!!!!! Slane2 now, well, I'm hoping to enjoy it even more, get more room to jump around in the sections nearer the front, hehe.
Ah! And the fireworks!!! Awwwww, lol, brilliant, awwwwww, so sublime, looking at the lights flashing off that lovely bloody castle! And all to the tune of Unforgettable Fire, one of my faves!!! Awwwwwwwwwww, cheers U2!!!!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, one more thing, met Frogbat, Zooropamanda, AM, Crzy4Bono, Whiteflag, ZoomerangII, Fritzy, and also from chat my good buddy Jenny, Gorby and Frog(the other one, the English one)in Dublin on friday briefly. They would have to pick the night of Liverpool's feckin Supercup final, , my bloody friends wouldn't come. But you guys are all so damn nice! Don't believe Frogbat or Zoomanda, they are really sweet little puppies, they don't live up to the big bad image they have on the forum, hehe. Really nice people, all of ye, nice to meet ye, and I hope ye enjoyed the gig as much as I did!
Ok, on with my shouts.......SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE2!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 days!!!!!!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwww, something else I tell ya, something else very special........
THANKYOU U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lazyboy said:
Don't believe Frogbat or Zoomanda, they are really sweet little puppies, they don't live up to the big bad image they have on the forum, hehe. Really nice people, all of ye, nice to meet ye, and I hope ye enjoyed the gig as much as I did!

bwahahahaa i dont think i ever saw this before, ronan lover.
hahaha u silly :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom