MERGED --> Red Hot & Blue re-release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
Red Hot & Blue re-release

Great news over on atu2.com that the 1990 release of this Cole Porter tribute album (for AIDS relief) will be re-released as a CD and DVD package later this month.

I see it listed on amazon USA but not in the UK - does anybody have any idea if this will be released in the rest of the world?

I have very fond memories of this record - I was 16, a very exciting and pivotal time in my life, and this was the first real taster of where U2 were heading next between Rattle & Hum and Achtung Baby. I think 'Night & Day' is really fantastic, though unfortunately my cassette of RH&B is long gone!

There is also some great stuff from Les Negresses Vertes, Debbie Harry, Neneh Cherry, Thompson Twins, David Byrne etc. BUY IT!

i must agree. Night and Day is truly amazing, so haunting and so frightening almost. The video is one of their best.
I also was 16 when it came out and I remember that the wait for Achtung Baby was so long! But Night and Day really helped me get through that wait, and looking back it was a great bridge between Rattle and Hum and Achtung Baby!!

ooh I must get this when it comes out, not even just for Night and Day, i've been hearing good things about how great it is in general:D

Red Hot + Blue DVD Release with U2's Night & Day

Oops ok NOW I see Jim's thread mentioning the same thing, I looked but didn't see it before posting, sorry. Can a mod merge these then? Thanks!

Sorry if this is old news, if so well here's a reminder!

The DVD for Red Hot + Blue, A Tribute to Cole Porter, is set to be released on April 25. It will include U2's video of Night and Day. This is great news for fans of the song and the video!

Ok that's all. Thanks! :wave:

Last edited:
I don't own it, this is a great chance, but don't know if it will be released here in Latin America

Back
Top Bottom