MERGED--> Radio Stations Playing HTDAAB Tracks/Album DISCUSSION HERE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was caller No. 9!!

I have never been caller no. whatever number one has to be to win or be qualified for something.

Today, all day, Kansas City's 97.3 The Plane t is playing U2 every hour, one new song from the album. Miracle Drug started, I was the first one to call and holy cow, it wasn't busy AND I was caller no. 9.

So I get a gift certificate to pizza hut (which is crap), but I am qualified to see "U2 wherever their world tour kicks off". I know I haven't won, but I'm qualified. This is huge for me.

On a side note, the DJ was talking about the next song they will play and he said "It's called Sometimes You Can't Make It O... Hmmm...either there is a word missing, or the printout cut off the song title, or Bono is really trying to be unique with this one." Then they did a thing with sound clips from Office Space which was really funny, with the DJ being handed a memo and having to 'talk about' his mistake.

So then I was put on the air and they asked me if I knew where the world tour was kicking off. I said rumor has it either Boston or Miami. I was asked how I know of this and I said I'm on an unofficial U2 fansite with over 15,000 members and that I am like a nerdy U2 fanboy. They got a good laugh out of that and said, "Well, at least you are a nerdy fanboy with one of the world's greatest bands".

So anyway, my day is good. Yay! I doubt I'll win, but the excitement is fun nonetheless:)

HTDAAB being played on WXRT

Live feed: www.wxrt.com

They'll be playing cuts all day and I think later in the afternoon, they'll play it from start to finish. I held out this long, but today I'm listening!

No. 9 was lucky for me for the POP Mart Tour. Won me floor seats when they came to Toronto.

9 is the key.

Nova FM Sydney

They played the whole fucking album this evening....

Nova are the biggest commercial radio station in Sydney. This is the kind of station that is ridiculously regimented with their playlist. I've never heard them ever, ever do anything like that before.

:up:

I only heard Miracle Drug, it was just in the car from one place to another with work. The dj back announced it and said that they were playing the whole thing (all in one hit over the course of that hour), so I can't say if it was all exactly the same as the leaked versions, except Miracle Drug sounded the same, just better quality (more depth). After work I met up with friends and they'd heard the whole thing, and all pretty much loved it.

Overall, I really, really like it. My only two complaints are Original Of The Species (overblown, so close to being cheesy) and Yahweh (the reviewer that said it was "U2 on autopilot" was correct). I don't think Miracle Drug is the second coming as many do around here, but I do like it. For me the trio of SYCMIOYO, LAPOE & COBL make the album. I sincerely hope that they have the balls to make LAPOE a single, and they make a seriously good clip for it (for some reason I see Anime with that song).

If it is their last album as rumoured, that alone will elevate it further and further into greatness, but I think over time it will end up being in the 2nd grouping of albums (1st grouping being Achtung & Joshua, 2nd being UF, Pop, HTDAAB).

Last edited:
Earnie Shavers said:
If it is their last album as rumoured, that alone will elevate it further and further into greatness, but I think over time it will end up being in the 2nd grouping of albums (1st grouping being Achtung & Joshua, 2nd being UF, Pop, HTDAAB).

There is no rumor that this is their last album! I don't know why that keeps getting mentioned. It makes a lot more sense to put out at least another album, so there's enough material for a best of 2000 - 2010, and it would take them right to 50 (including one final tour).

Oh, and OOTS is far from cheesy ;)

Entire Album is being played in Boston

On almost every station....every track.......

Boston Anne let me know about one station....

My bride just phoned......WBCN is playing it......

NOTHING but tremendous reviews from the DJ's

OMG......it is AWESOME......not a bad song.......

It hasd been ALL u2 here since 10:00 AM....flip a station and you will here a song from the album within minutes.....

BCN is playing them 4 in a row straight

The Studio allegedly sent the radio stations copies......to play them.....

WBCN is offering COPIES for phone in contest over the weekend.....

Winners are going to receive a pass to the official unveiling of the albumn ......:ohmy:

This is like an aphrodesiac here.......

Ummm.....damn....the kids are awake......

:ohmy:

They were playing "City of Blinding Lights" on the radio at 99x in ATL. My friend told me. I still haven't heard the song. She said she loved it and she's not even the hugest U2 fan but she's beginning to understand!! I'm torturing myself and trying to wait until the album comes out. I might not be able to avoid hearing songs now if they are all over the radio!!

Starting Friday, November 12th at 5pm and all thru the weekend, be listening to 'BCN for your chance to win a copy of U2's new album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and be qualified to attend an Exclusive VIP Party in New York City on Sunday, November 21st where U2 will introduce their new album.

http://www.wbcn.com/wbcn_com_files/home.htm

To quote one DJ, we have drool all over the albumn.....

Every station has had the DJ's going NUTS over it.....

100.3 the River-playing the new U2 over & over all day today. I have heard it 3 times from start to finish. I'm loving it. (I was trying to wait--but this is the station I ususally listen too--so I couldn't help it) Here comes Vertigo again.

Radio station in KC playing HTDAAB tracks AND giving away tickets!

All day long today, 97.3 The Planet will be playing tracks from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb. I just heard "Crumbs From Your Table" a couple minutes ago. After each time they play a song, the ninth caller to call in is automatically qualified for a chance to win tickets to the tour opener, "wherever that may be".

Dreadsox said:
Starting Friday, November 12th at 5pm and all thru the weekend, be listening to 'BCN for your chance to win a copy of U2's new album "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and be qualified to attend an Exclusive VIP Party in New York City on Sunday, November 21st where U2 will introduce their new album.

http://www.wbcn.com/wbcn_com_files/home.htm

Yes, our station here is doing this as well. Supposedly there will be 100 people allowed into the "official listening party" in NY.
Oh, to be one of those 100 people...

Back
Top Bottom