MERGED ----> Q Review of HTDAAB + Q Magazine, what a joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as far as all these reviews go, i could care less what someone else thinks about the album. my review is the only one that counts.

OK guys...

REALLY stupid question..

How do you start a thread on here? In the reply screen I see everything but "start new thread":wink:

Teta040 said:
OK guys...

REALLY stupid question..

How do you start a thread on here? In the reply screen I see everything but "start new thread":wink:

Without a doubt, THE stupidest question ever asked! :wink: I don't think anyone can top that. And yes, I am enjoying making fun of you, it's quite entertaining.

blah, blah, blah.

I know this much. EVERY album I've heard from U2 has given me something fresh and exciting to listen to. Since the beginning.

After their first album, October was not given really good marks based in part to Bono's lost lyrics. Till this day, I still choke up to the song October.

A couple of years later they come out with the Unforgettable Fire. Again semi good marks. Bad and the Unforgettable Fire songs still blow me away till this day that even some people who have not heard it wonder is the sound is coming from the bands new album.

Speed up 10 + years and the release of POP is revealed. Again small marks. Honestly strip the production off the songs and try to listen to it as if a garage band is playing the songs and OH SHIT!!.. really strong music.

So what does all this mean?

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

U2, U2, U2...the baddest, F#%$^ MOFO'S in the world regardless what
"the critics" (people who tried to be big rockstars but failed to accomplish)
say.

the artdirector has spoken.

patrickU217 said:
AB was rated only so-so by Dutch leading music magazine OOR, complaining that the original u2 sound had disappaered. On first listen i thought they were right, but the album kept on growing on me and has become my favourite u2 album. It still is. The fact is that those music reviewers have to listen to a lot of albums every month, so they often only listen to it once and write a review. 10 listens later the review could be very different.

I agree

Originally posted by Artdirector
I know this much. EVERY album I've heard from U2 has given me something fresh and exciting to listen to. Since the beginning.

After their first album, October was not given really good marks based in part to Bono's lost lyrics. Till this day, I still choke up to the song October....
...So what does all this mean?

I've said it once and I'll say it again...

U2, U2, U2...the baddest, F#%$^ MOFO'S in the world regardless what
"the critics" (people who tried to be big rockstars but failed to accomplish)
say.

Well said about the critics (failed-wannabe-rockstars)!!!!

And yes... ...I'm with Mikal...

"my review is the only one that counts."

If listening to HTDAAB I get shivers down my spine I'll know that U2 won me once again!!!!!!!

Thanks for the scan. Any Roy, it takes 30 seconds to post a response and half and hour to type up the review, and after 10 hours of work on Friday evening, I was had things to do, including going out and having a life. So less of the 'basking' please.

Plus I believe they sell Q in Edinburgh so could I suggest you go out and buy a copy yourself next time.

Back
Top Bottom