MERGED-->Q nominations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
Q nominations

I dont know if this has been mentioned anywhere else but the Q award nominations were released in the UK today and U2 are nominated in 3 catagories:

BEST TRACK:
U2 - vertigo
James Blunt - you're beautiful
Oasis - the importance of being idle
KT Tunstall - Black horse and the cherry tree
Coldplay - fix you

BEST LIVE ACT:
U2
Oasis
Green Day
Muse
Coldplay

BEST ACT IN THE WORLD:
U2
Oasis
Green Day
Muse
Coldplay

Awards are on the 10th of October in London but I presume U2 won't be there because there's a little matter of a concert to play in MSG!
unless the time difference makes it possible?

Last edited:
kelly213 said:

Actually, it's more because of Billie Joe Armstrong ... I cannot stand him or his speeches. :huh:
He's the reason I NEVER gave Green Day a chance at liking to listen to ... :barf:

I hope and pray U2 "walks on" all over them ... :applaud:

MsMofoGone said:
Hopefully there's more U2 voters over Green Day ... :up:
I'm so-ooo sick of Green Day winning everything lately ... :yuck:

Since all their music uses like 4 power chords and there's no originality in it? :wink: Me, too.

I think that U2 should easily win Best Live Act and Best Act in the World.

:bump: this thread so more folks vote! :yes:

Afraid U2 will not win Best Act In The World today, that will go to Coldplay, easily the most popular Rock Band in the UK at the moment. Vertigo ain't that good a song and so doesn't deserve to win that award its up for, maybe they can snatch Best Live Act but having said that, when I see U2 in Manchester this year the sound was appalling, performance was good apart from the crap sound, and being on stage when it was still light didn't do their show any favours either!:wink:

Gee you're a little ray of light, aren't you? :|

Vertigo IS a brilliant song - especially when you compare it to the others nominated. If Coldplay win for that dreadful song it'll be a travesty. As will if they don't win best Live Act. At least all the press over here appreciated how amazing they are in concert, and I did too, so with any luck people will see sense.

And Coldplay best in the world? Don't bloody make me laugh. They're not even the best in the UK. Ugh.

rjhbonovox said:
Afraid U2 will not win Best Act In The World today, that will go to Coldplay, easily the most popular Rock Band in the UK at the moment. Vertigo ain't that good a song and so doesn't deserve to win that award its up for, maybe they can snatch Best Live Act but having said that, when I see U2 in Manchester this year the sound was appalling, performance was good apart from the crap sound, and being on stage when it was still light didn't do their show any favours either!:wink:

What an optimistic!:eyebrow:

Not quite sure what Muse are doing on that list, they haven't done much over the past twelve months except for their two night stand in London last Christmas. Unless they're counting last years festivals too?

Anyway, out of those listed I'd have to go for Vertigo because I don't really think much of the others. For live band things get trickier. I know first hand that U2, Green Day and Muse are absolutely blinding in concert and Oasis are meant to be great too. Not so sure about Coldplay, but they're popular right? And as far as Best Band in the World today goes, I have a horrible suspicion that it's going to go to Coldplay. Have U2 ever won that by the way? They seem to get nominated each year but always lose (to Radiohead usually).

rjhbonovox said:

I'm afraid I might have to agree. Coldplay are more popular than U2 as of right now. They probably won't win Best Act in the World, but it will be a dead heat between them and Green Day for best live act. But I'm a bit more optimistic, I think they have a great chance of live act. Song, I haven't heard the other three so I can't judge. It's better than Fix You though. What thye hell is with those lyrics?
The Lights will guide you home and igonre your bones? WTF?

I think Oasis should win best track for the Importance of Being Idle as that's one of the best things they've done in years.

Personally I'd have thought U2 should win the other 2 categories, but Coldplay really are popular with pretty much everyone at the moment so I think they'll be favourites.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom