MERGED->Put your child to sleep with the sounds of Sunday Bloody Sunday+U2 Lullabies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Richard Cheese sits under the monstrous shadow of Weird Al Yankovic.

It's a shame really.

U2 lullabies!

U2 songs have been covered many times before but 'Baby Rock Records' is taking things to a whole new level...

The company is releasing 'Rockabye Baby! Lullaby Renditions of U2' which transforms 11 well known U2 hits into lullabies for babies, saying that their "cascading melodies and soundscapes are a perfect foundation for these heavenly lullabies".

Surprisingly even a song like 'Sunday Bloody Sunday' apparently qualifies as a perfect foundation for a lullaby, download a MP3 sample here to judge for yourself.

The full tracklisting (with MP3 samples) is available on the Baby Rock Records website.

http://www.u2boy.nl/u2_news/index.php

I've heared some pretty weird U2 covers before (that bluegrass tribute for example) but SBS as a perfect song for a lullaby?!

Imagine parents singing along to this while they're utting their baby to bed.. And today the millions cry We eat and drink while tomorrow they die...

:ohmy: :lol:

Re: U2 lullabies!

u2boy_nl said:

[Imagine parents singing along to this while they're utting their baby to bed.. And today the millions cry We eat and drink while tomorrow they die...

:ohmy: :lol:

At least they will be engaged :drool: :lol:

Kill.
It.
With.
Fire.

:uhoh:

It's a CD full of MIDI sequenced tubular bells and marimbas, oh joy!

Canadiens1160 said:
Kill.
It.
With.
Fire.

:uhoh:

It's a CD full of MIDI sequenced tubular bells and marimbas, oh joy!

:up:

i downloaded the radiohead one. what a piece of crap. even my 6 months old niece prefers the original recordings.

If I ever have a kid (poor world!) I'll put on some Brian Eno albums to put it to sleep :wink:

Re: Re: Re: U2 lullabies!

u2boy_nl said:

Or traumatized for life...

I suppose any engaged has had a trauma at some time of life

But indeed, Sunday was heavy , so was WOWY and One on this thing

In terms of this project , All I want is u sounded good , so did Streets , but NYD I didn't know it was it , Angel also sounded good the rest .....

nathan1977 said:
Can you imagine the meeting where U2 agreed to this?

Paul McG: Hi guys, before we start I'm going to need all four of you to breathe deeply from the powder that I'm sending around the table. It's purely medicinal. Got that? Breathe deeeeeeeply. Good. Now...

These are the worst ideas I've heard since the wretched Royal Philharmonic album. (Which I'm ashamed to admit I own.) http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Philhar...ef=sr_1_9/105-2910564-2236452?ie=UTF8&s=music

LMFAO!!!!!

I agree that turning SBS into a lullaby seems bizarre, but when you consider the words and origins of some traditional lullabies and children's songs, it's not that much of a shock...

"If the bough breaks, the cradle will fall..."

"A-tissue a-tissue, we all fall down..." (dead of the black plague)

Soothing stuff! :huh:

Back
Top Bottom