MERGED -> Propaganda letters anyone? + where do I sign up and join? + After reading..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sicy said:
Where did you find your prop ID#??

Terri also gave me my number a while ago.

If you still have your Prop issue in the envelope it came in, your number is found on the address sticker.

I just called the number.

The woman asked me for my Prop ID number and my last name.

Then there was a lot of waiting.

Then she said I'm not in her system.

Then she asked for my current address.

Then she asked if the province of Ontario was in Canada.

Then she asked for my phone number.

Then she said their system was overloaded and someone would call me back.

Yeah, so I'm not expecting anything good.

You will get called back. I called this morning and they called me back a few minutes ago.

Sicy, call again until you get someone that has any idea of what is going on... if you moved, you will not receive the letter since it will be sent to the original address.

I guess that another option would be to call whomever is living where you used to live and ask them to hold the letter for you... (and hope that they are not U2 fans and that they have not used the code yet to subscribe, which would be a lot of bad luck).

Have a nice weekend...

I just called, for the 3rd time. They have me in the system, had my old address and my new address (which I had given yesterday) and told me I should be getting a letter in a week or so.

I asked when they were sending out the new letters and she said they had already begun.

So, I guess I'll wait and see. She couldn't actually say that a letter had gone out to my old address.

It looks like somebody seriously screwed up when getting this database setup.

Wouldn't letters that are being sent to old addresses end up being forwarded (up to 1 year after the move)? Or is Propaganda mailing these letters out fourth-class?

speedracer said:
Wouldn't letters that are being sent to old addresses end up being forwarded (up to 1 year after the move)? Or is Propaganda mailing these letters out fourth-class?

I believe they're sent third class, which also doesn't get forwarded.

No letter today, either here at the new addy or at my mom's. :scream:

I am calling tomorrow. :|

I am callling to complain tomorrow. No e-mail back from them about fanfire, and I can't sign-up with my unique username which is already taken for some reason (and I'm using my first initial+last name which no one else on earth has nor would think to use)

speedracer said:

In Canada, you have to pay for mail forwarding, so most people either don't pay, or pay for just the first 6-12 months, then don't bother anymore.

Canadian reporting here...

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I believe they're sent third class, which also doesn't get forwarded.

No letter today, either here at the new addy or at my mom's. :scream:

I am calling tomorrow. :|

ya April...you should call...same with Sicy..and everyone else.

bug their asses up the wazoo.

for some ODD reason, and please read that i'm NOT gloating...

i got my letter today! i'm surprised as all hell...considering i live in the north pole...aka Sudbury (Northern Ontario). Sicy will attest to how fookin long the mail takes here....it took forever for my pics that I sent Sicy to get to her and vice versa....

So you peeps in the contiguous USA should really call and get on their asses. I'm floored that I got mine.

I wish the same for all of you.

*fingers AND legs crossed*

:hug:

anitram said:

In Canada, you have to pay for mail forwarding, so most people either don't pay, or pay for just the first 6-12 months, then don't bother anymore.

And how much do you people pay in taxes?

(Sorry, just couldn't resist.)

I got an e-mail from a guy at Fanfire today saying he's looking up my information, and gave me a reference number I should use when I call.

I'll give them a day or two.

i called fanfire today and they asked my name, my new address, and when i joined prop and said my letter would be on its way!!!

I am glad I am not the only one dealing with this STRESS! I've emailed and had no response, (other than an email that starts out, you've probably received your letter... NO I Haven't!!) so I guess I'll try calling like everyone else... this is so ridiculous!

I just got off the phone with fanfire and they said they will either email or send me my letter :)

I asked her if she was sick of U2 fans (laughing) and she said we are almost as bad as Kiss fans. LOL Anyway, she was very nice about it. Hope it works out!

I haved not moved in seven years. It is the same address as when I joined and I still got NADA.

They took my information on Thursday and haven't called me back. I was going to wait until Tuesday but maybe I'll try again on Monday.

*crosses finger, arms, feet, toes and anything else hoping to get someone nice and understanding on the phone.

I just called. They asked for my name, Prop ID#, phone #, old addy, new addy and e-mail address. Then they said they'll give the info over to Prop and then I'll either get a letter at my old or new address. The guy gave me the option of signing up now for $40, then being able to call back for the $20 discount once I finally get my letter. I told him I'd wait a few more days before I got (really) deperate.

He said all that the Fanfire people are doing is basically filling out forms whenever us rabid U2 fans call and forwarding the info over to Prop. I asked him if he was sick of us all yet, and he said not really, he understands that the prize we're all after is tickets, and that "those things will be selling out all over the place" once they're on sale. :huh:

Also, when they put me on hold, I heard Bono singing "let me take some of the punches for you tonight...." :lol:

Last edited:
Hey Pop Angel..

(And everybody)..

I have a different take on this situation. Having SYCMIOYO as the "elevator music" while I was put on hold was the only funny thing about this. And liie I said to the lady I talked to.."If you're sick of us now, wait until the tix go on sale...")

Checking out the U2 News before going to this area--which I always do-- I decided to post my Saga with FanFire in the News Section under the thread "U2.com..Relaunches..Or Not?" It's QUITE a long post (essay-length) and I asked Hello Angel to forward it to whatever was the "hot" thread on the Prop debacle. Seeing there are several, and I can't retype all that (you'll see why) and I don't know how to "transfer" a post...

I urge everyone to go there and read it. Before it disappears maybe? I think people will find it educational.

Thanks

Last edited:
Another update from U2SavesTheWorld:

Hey, I'm not sure whats up with the U2.com drama on the boards but I
have some more information for you if anyone else needs it.

I just talked to Fanfire again.

Like I said before, there was a glitch in the system that allowed me
and some other people to purchase the $40 membership before it was
really open. I did that and then got my Propaganda card. I called back
into Fanfire and they assured me that I still had my priority status
and that I would be credited back the $20 that I overspent on
membership.

I called them tonight because I still had not heard anything and I
still have no way of logging into U2.com.

When they answer the phones now they actually say, "Thank you for
calling U2.com" instead of what they were saying before, "Thank you
for calling Fanfire".

That made me feel a lot better, actually.

In any event, U2.com/Fanfire now report that all problems should be
resolved by Tuesday of next week and I will be sent an email with my
"unique UserID", etc. at that time.

They also assured me that I still have priority access even though I
don't have my membership information.

Feel free to post this if anyone else is still having the same problems....

I posted the phone # earlier in this thread....

I went ahead and called today and explained that they took down the information and someone was suppossed to get back to me and since then ive been waiting on the phone since the woman obviously doesnt know what the hell shes doing.

Back
Top Bottom