MERGED ----> Picture of Bono / U2 you'd like to get a tattoo of? + Mine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
Picture of Bono / U2 you'd like to get a tattoo of?

My birthday is coming up soon, and I was thinking about getting a U2 / Bono related tattoo, and I was wondering, if you were going to do it, what picture of U2 or Bono would you like to get a tattoo of?

I was also thinking about going with the Joshua Tree and right now am looking for a good looking picture of a Joshua Tree. I know I've always wanted a U2 or Springsteen related tattoo, but I'm not sure if I really want a picture of the band, or some form of symbol. I guess I sorta feel a picture of the band might come across as too tacky, but I'm sure if I found the right one I'd go for it.

Convoy said:
I was also thinking about going with the Joshua Tree and right now am looking for a good looking picture of a Joshua Tree.

If you're gonna get a joshua tree, get the joshua tree. There are plenty of silhouettes of it available. I think a tattoo of it would look best either filled in in black or an outline in fineline. I don't care for tats that are portraits, so I'd avoid a band pic. I tend to be conservative with tats, though, so I may be full of shit.

I wouldn't get a tattoo of a "picture" of U2... I wouldn't be so obvious and I just don't like the "portrait" tattoos... I would get something like a celtic simbol, from the book of kells, I think is more intimate than a evident image from U2... i don't know

I like Cartoon's tattoo style, I don't know if you are a guy or a girl, I think that style is sexy ( well I have a weird sense of "sexyness" and I see a tattoo like that in my bf's arm not in me :D ), or something from Tuttle :up:

Last edited:
I have a tattoo that says "U2" on my wrist and "do you feel loved" with it. it has flames in the shape of a cross around it like a wrist band. its cool! my boyfriend wants to get bono tattoed on himself so i wont be able to keep my hands off him! haha

Tattoos of faces tend to be awful. :|

The only band/music-related tattoo I have is an 8-pointed star, from the design on Brian May's first solo album... the rest of mine I design myself.

If I were to be moved enough to want to get another music-related design.... I might get a specific line from a song worked into the design but it wouldn't specifically say U2 anywhere...

times and tastes can change, names of any kind are generally a bad idea to have set in ink.. whether loved ones or band names... Unless it's your own band... *grin*

Heh. *IF* I ever got a U2-inspired piece.....
It's hard, because they were always so anti-symbol... 15 years ago a white flag would have been my choice.... and I HATE Zooropa. (sorry)...

I have to think it'd be a piece that wouldn't be immediately recognizable as related to U2 unless you were also a fan. Maybe I'll put the albums on and get out the sketchpad and see what flows...

If i were to get a U2 tattoo, i would get the zoobaby.

If you're going to get a portrait you have too get someone who's REALLY good or it's not going to turn out right.

internet3freedombono_edge_sheep1cxw200h173c00.jpg

I want to get a tatt one day and my idea is that I want to get one on the base of my back, I guess near your tailbone and I want it to be the stars that comprise the southern cross constilation and in each star I want to get a symbol placed in each star.

I want the southern cross as it is a very 'Australian' image which I feel can lend itself to all the people who inhabit our country. The symbols are all things that are very important to me, and because U2 are such a huge part of my life I want to get the word 'one', which is in the style of a shirt that I got from the Zoomerang show that I went to that had a picture of the buffalos on the front with 'smell the flowers while you can' down the bottom and on the back had the word one written and then underneath it the word 'one' written in other languages.

I was thinking of symbols that were U2 related a while back and this was the best one that I could think of and one that was not too tacky. The other symbols that I want are a guitar, because I play music and I am a huge music junky, I also want a wave to symbolise where I live, as I absolutely love the Sunshine Coast and I know that it will always be my home. And I want a symbol to represent peace (but not the peace symbol) and the environment, but I havnt thought of any yet. I want the tat to be just plain black and for the stars and symbols to be done in a nice pattern.............I will get it done one day, I need lots of time to think about it, cause it will be there for awhile

Back
Top Bottom