MERGED ----> Paul McG interview...+ Its official new remasters in next couple years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its official new remasters in next couple years

just been listening to the paul mcguinness interview he has confirmed that u2 will do exactly what they have done with the jt remaster , with the rest of the back catalogue. he said they will be released over the next couple of years.

Yeah it's been mentioned in here in several threads, we even have a threa for each album guessing and hoping what the bonus material will be...

Paul McG Interview on phantom

Paul Mc Guinness was interview today on irish radio, phantom 105.2 and it was pretty cool. He was talking about the re-issuing of The Joshua Tree as well as the current recording sessions and future re-releases. He mentioned that they were planning on re releasing the rest of the catalog, and that this re-issue just happened to be on an anniversary. we knew most of this, but that means that the album doesn't necessarily have to be an anniversary to be released. still thinking of other parts of the interview to completely dissect. if you haven't heard the interview already, go to www.phantom.ie or http://www.phantom.ie/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,109/
and you should be able to find it. it's totally worth spending your time listening to. if this topic feels to redundant, feel free to do with it what you wish.
-hannah-

I hope they do a hi-rez boxset or something eventually. Knowing them, once they put out all the remastered CDs over the next couple years, they'll then put out a hi-rez boxset to milk their back catalog one more time :wink:

Of course Id buy it tho. Id kill for U2 in hi-rez. 5 channel or 2 channel, I dont really care.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Yeah it's been mentioned in here in several threads, we even have a threa for each album guessing and hoping what the bonus material will be...

Thankfully, they all died quick deaths.

Re: Its official new remasters in next couple years

manwiththespinninhead said:
just been listening to the paul mcguinness interview he has confirmed that u2 will do exactly what they have done with the jt remaster , with the rest of the back catalogue. he said they will be released over the next couple of years.

So are we talking like a delux box set for each album, with book, extra songs, DVD etc. or just the remix?

Re: Re: Its official new remasters in next couple years

Strongbow said:

So are we talking like a delux box set for each album, with book, extra songs, DVD etc. or just the remix?

I don't think all albums will get as much material. AB sure, maybe Red rocks with War and hopefully Lovetown with Rattle and Hum.

Would they put Zooropa shows with Zooropa and Popmart DVD with Pop since we have Sydney and Mexico already ?

Re: Re: Re: Its official new remasters in next couple years

U2girl said:
Would they put Zooropa shows with Zooropa and Popmart DVD with Pop since we have Sydney and Mexico already ?

Sure, why not? We already have multiple DVDs from the Elevation and Vertigo Tours. And the Rattle And Hum movie was about the Joshua Tree Tour, so with the new DVD we have multiple shows from that tour too.

More U2 boxsets! :drool:

Do we know any sort of time table? I only have boy and october to get, but if their remasters come out soon I might wait. I already have all the songs from the albums so it is just sort of a collection thing.

mediaman44 said:
Do we know any sort of time table? I only have boy and october to get, but if their remasters come out soon I might wait. I already have all the songs from the albums so it is just sort of a collection thing.

I wouldnt wait if I was you!

MrBrau1 said:

Thankfully, they all died quick deaths.

i know it has been mentioned before but the radio interview , which was only last night gave final confirmation! that is why i posted.

some peopel can be very ignorant in these boards.

Red Rocks DVD release would be awsome. Remastering of their early albums would also be very cool. I'm not so sure about Box Sets. Maybe with AB, but they shouldn't exaggerate it.

I agree last unicorn. They could over do it and begin to look like a hound for the pound. Certainly everything up to AB should just be released as a single Cd or album.

Would be nice to see a Zoo TV show when it was indoor from the beinning of the tour...that was a greta show and much different than the outdoor version

manwiththespinninhead said:

i know it has been mentioned before but the radio interview , which was only last night gave final confirmation! that is why i posted.

some peopel can be very ignorant in these boards.

We had confirmation before from a printed Paul M interview. Be careful of who you call ignorant.

gman said:
I wonder if there is any pre concieved order or formula as to which gets the treatment first?

I am extremely curious about this process too. If I am guessing, the 80's will see this treatment before the 20th Anniversary of Achtung Baby in 2011. I don't know about Red Rocks. Seems like a pile of mumble jumble lawyer stuff. If the plan is to have a 4th quarter 2008 new album release, I think we could be seeing new remasters pop up anytime after this. I'm excited. I want it all!

It's nice to have some more confirmation from McGuinness.

My guess is that some titles will be scattered in the spring, and the ones deemed needing the boxset treatment (AB, War maybe?) will see Fall releases.

I hope that War and the Red Rocks DVD get released together later this Spring/Summer...:drool:

I'd like to see some nice shelf friendly editions. Some consistent treatment would be nice. The Cure and Depeche Mode just put out some fantastic remasters of their back catalogues. The cure opted for 2 disc versions with live tracks, demos, and rarities. DM had a 2nd DVD disc with 5.1 and documentaries.
I'd prefer the dvd since I have a nice home system but some argued how useless the 5.1 was.
I'd take either of these formats from U2.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

We had confirmation before from a printed Paul M interview. Be careful of who you call ignorant.

we had a quote from an interview , it is more of a confirmation when you can actually hear him saying it!

I can't wait till these are released, still haven't heard the new remastered joshua tree - currently waiting patiently till x-mas :drool:

Hmm. Maybe this will take off the pressure to hold onto new material until the holiday season. The reissues (some, anyway) can be theChristmas cash-cows and they can release new records freely!

Probably not, though.

Back
Top Bottom