MERGED-->OOTS Video DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Original of the species video- animated?

bono said last night before original of the species that there was an animation studio in town that made a beautiful video for this next song and that youll be seeing it soon, and then proceeded to play original of the species.

Oh.. gosh. I had taken it to mean the animation that plays on the light strings behind them. :shrug: Good question!

yes, i thought that as well too until he said "you'll be seeing it soon." besides the animation behind them had been used before...theyre constantly changing the original of the species graphics. on 10/8 it was different, but theyve always had that baby/human head there by the end of it at some point, so i don't think its for that, although it could be.

but it makes sense since its going to be a single and they don't have time to film a video. maybe im interpreting it the wrong way, but when he said 'you'll be seeing it soon' and that they created a wonderful 'video' i figured it was to be the music video. i could be mistaken though, just thought it was interesting.

What kind of graphics have they been using at the concerts during the song?
Based on what Bono has said this song is about, I can't really see it being an animated video like HMTMKMKM, but hopefully they came up with something cool.

well the past two nights at MSG it has just been kind of like a starry sky with it turning into like four human animated heads, kind of like a pixar animation type deal rotation around.

You might be right about an animated video. One of my coworkers told me about a contact of hers who is an animator. Apparently the band had called him to do some work. They flew him out to a gig to get ideas and to do preliminary work.

I like this, I wish more music videos were visually interesting instead of dull band performances..a good visual concept can actually add to a song's stature occasionally.

it sounds like a video for the performance during the concert to me

where's Kelly? She would be interested in the Big Giant Head coming to get her :wink:

but really, how could they do the video with animation unless it's

A) some weird Yellow Submarine stuff
B) MTV-ish animation (Daria, old school Aeon Flux)
or C) something involving birds and CoExist or w/e

Val said:
it sounds like a video for the performance during the concert to me

not to me. "youll be seeing it soon." he'd say something like "youll see it right now" if he were talking about the concert visuals.

Wow, they really made this one out of nowhere. I had no idea that there is a video already. Who's the director?

Is it animated like Hold me... with band members or animated using characters to tell a story? I'm guessing some live performance band footage too?

Last edited:
please tell something about that video, how does it look like?is it only animation ? like Hold me...? i cant stand waitinig to see it:drool:

Looks like I'll be doing the early morning vh1 video vigil. I wonder if will debut this week on the top 20 countdown.

It's animated and hard to explain. No band performance just shots of Bono singing, interspersed with shots of Larry and Edge and Adam towards the end.
Starts out in black & white with a revolving head with flowers (turns to color)growing out of the mouth and it sort of like.. hell I can't explain it. further along..
Bono takes off his glasses and sings with a great deal of emotion while this head keeps revolving and chaging faces and shots of the other guys come in and out. Shots of a woman and many orther animated (not cartoonish, however) visuals of Larry, Edge and Adam..
I must say they look smashing . And Bono, sans sunglasses, is just lovely.
Just seen it once.. that's the best I can do.
Got to finish cooking now. Maybe Pleba has some stills of it..

i m not subscribed member of u2.com anybody could upload to you_sendit that one please?

Wow...I really think this is a great video...I may have a new favourite U2 video:hyper:

U2girl said:
Wow, they really made this one out of nowhere. I had no idea that there is a video already. Who's the director?

Is it animated like Hold me... with band members or animated using characters to tell a story? I'm guessing some live performance band footage too?

Bono dropped the hint it was coming at Tuesday's MSG show, he said we'd see it soon...didn't think this soon! :) I *think* he said Catherine Owens was working on it.

Bono looks good... Butterflies are pretty. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom