MERGED-->OOTS Video DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A great video. There was probably one too many long pans around the head during the beginning/middle but overall this is really surprisingly good. :up:

Easily their best video for HTDAAB, with SYCMIOYO in second.

I love this video, definitely one of the most original videos they've ever done

Best video since the Pop days

KUEFC09U2 said:
i actually thought bono looked VERY similar to how he did in the ONE video :|, larry and edge have never really changed in my eyes, and adams just adam, mr cool,

I was thinking the same thing, actually.

LOVE IT! Really didn't expect much from a 5th single video... but this has got to be the best from the album... probably the best since PLEASE, imo (and I agree with shaun that there are parts reminiscent of "SATS"). Greatstuff - I *really* hope this is a hit, it's such a great song and a fantastic video... is the single version on iTunes?

Last edited:
It was pretty good. I thought it was a little odd, but I think that after I watch it for a while, I'll like it more.

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I like music videos with the set-up like the "Walk On" one.

can anyone make out what bono's tattoos say? I see the words One and Mother.

Definitely a lot different than what U2 has done the past few years for videos. I really like the end part with Bono and the guys going back and forth with the woman. the beginning is kinda o.k., kinda weird :huh: Props for something different, :wink:

some of my thoughts:

* the first segment, the "wires" animation is cool... didn't like the white CGE head to much, a little cold for my taste.

*LOVE the part of the tats.... you can do a whole video with that effect.. great :up: :up:

*the color is great... love the last part of the video... they look amazing... just one thing: please somebody tell me that larry isn't using a mullet.. please!

One of the best U2 videos.. in my opinion... it is a big change from the things they did beforeand I like that they are exploring new visual resources .. cool

I just watched the video. Wow! It's wierd but you know I definately think I liked it.

If you compare it with Vertigo, ABOY, Sometimes and COBL I think it's definately safe to say it's by far the best video for a single from this album. In fact, it's arguably the best one they've ever done... thinking back I can't think of any one that can top it. I thought when I heard the modified intro that they were going to do some serious re-mixing of the song for the single version, but other then the very start the album version is pretty much intact.

The ending, with Larry, Edge and Adam coming into view immediately reminded me of the One video. I thought the way the video climaxed for the "do do, do do" part was excellent and I love the bit where the computerised head cries. Oh and it's cool when all the writing comes on the guy's face, and also when that is extended to Bono's arm later on.

All in all a very brave and original video for a great song! Let's hope it's a big success :)

One thing I really liked about the video was the fact that Bono appeared to be wearing his One Campaign bracelet. I don't know why, but it was one of my "Wow that's cool" moments.

Haha maybe I'm alone on this one too. :wink:

--- LemonMacPhisto's Top 10 U2 Video List ---

1) One (Buffalo)
2) Stay
3) Hold Me, Thrill Me...
4) Discotheque
5) Original of the Species
6) ISHFWILF
7) Elevation
8) Lemon
9) The Fly
10) Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Very strange, but very cool. Certainly one of the most original videos in their catalogue. Nice shots of the band too.

Oh, who else got a major Pop flashback when they saw that bald, animated Bono? It was lovely! Damn it Bono, cut your hair short again, please.

GibsonGirl said:
Oh, who else got a major Pop flashback when they saw that bald, animated Bono? It was lovely! Damn it Bono, cut your hair short again, please.

oooh, pick me, pick me shrek! come on Shrek pick me!

I salivated at the mouth a little bit

Without a doubt, best U2 video since Staring At The Sun :yes:

Am I the only one here that thinks the video is heavily influenced by Bjork :eyebrow: ?

Peace :wave:

GibsonGirl said:
Damn it Bono, cut your hair short again, please.

Is there a time for cutting hair :yes: ...

your time has gonna come Bono !:laugh: Please cut your hair !

Peace :wave:

Larry really needs to get rid of the flattop mullet

for the good of mankind Larry, please...

all mullets must die

This is the best video they've put out since the pop era and definetely ranks among their top five if not top three of all time. Most original since EBTTRT for sheeeeezle.

Back
Top Bottom