MERGED-->OOTS Video DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So when Bono was on TRL talking about the video, didn't he say something about how it was influenced by the movie A.I.? If that's true, it makes me like the video less.

The big creepy head works better as a symbol of innocence, a child ready to learn about the world. The big creepy head should not be like a big creepy artificial intelligence thing.

Original of the Species video....really grabs you by the balls

IMO, the Species video is excellent. The second half of it really caught me by suprise and blew me away. Especially when Bono coves his eyes & almost starts crying, thats what really got me. Anyone ?

it grabbed my balls.
maybe we should consider a poll.

"If you have balls did it a) Grab them or b) Leave them alone"

OOTS, Best U2 Video ever?

Wow, i am just amazed with the Original of The Species Video.
To start with, the single version of the song is in my U2 Top 5, and the video is the best U2 has ever made. I wonder about certain things about it. For example, the mannequin face that comes alive, couldn't that be modeled on the face of Edge's daughter?, if you see the face traits of Edge and Morleigh, they look similar. It would make sense since Bono wrote the lyrics
for Edge'e daughter, and even though, the daughter that has leukemia, is not the same one as the song, the video has
a gut wrenching feeling of pain at the end, and it finishes with Edge as the last image, which gives him the spotlight of the video, because of everything that he is going through. Anyway, I wish him, and his daugther, and his whole family, the strength that they need to overcome this.

it grabbed mine a little harder than i would have liked, so if anything, the video gave me more of a sick feeling.

great song though!

definitely not their best, but not even close to their worst.

it's hard to compare this video with the likes of "Streets", "One", "Even Better Than The Real Thing", "Numb", "Discotheque", "Please", and "Lemon".

Back
Top Bottom