MERGED--> Next Singles ?+A Single Plan+What do you think the next single will be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

You like winding people up, don't you?

Nope I just say how it is. The Smiths have to be one of the most overrated bands in the history of music. While Morriseys lyrics maybe ok, his voice is soooooo fucking depressing. Johnny Marr also supposedly a great guitarist, which is another overrated statement. Nothing I have heard that he has done has made me sit up and think great guitarist. Nope, i gotta say overrated and The Smiths go hand in hand. Also along with the Stone Roses, they are 2 of the most overrated and boring bands in the history of UK music or any music for that matter. :wink:

rjhbonovox said:
Don't get me started on The Smiths. Jesus I hate The Smiths. Girlfriend in a coma, damn I think I would fall into a coma listening to that rubbish. I had a really good discussion about The Smiths on murmurs.com a while back. They really got wound up about me having a go at The 'Great' Smiths heheheeh.

Bono was said that when he heard girlfriend in a coma, he nearly crashed his car.
He said that Mozzer is a great vocalist, with big ideas in his head and his lyrics are gonna change the way we see the world.

He said it all on the "Importance of beeing Morrissey" documentary.

Marr said:

Bono was said that when he heard girlfriend in a coma, he nearly crashed his car.
He said that Mozzer is a great vocalist, with big ideas in his head and his lyrics are gonna change the way we see the world.

He said it all on the "Importance of beeing Morrissey" documentary.

Yeah I see that. Don't Bono talk some shit sometimes hehehe.:wink:

Bono knows what he's talking about...
I heard Edge saying he was influnced with Johnny Marr's guitar playing...

The funny thing was Morrissey said once that "he's more irish then U2" and Larry replied "even the Beatles were more Irish then U2..."
Well yeah, 2 of them were Irish, no?

I agree it will probably be COBL followed by MD. I doubt they release any more singles than that but if they do OOTS is a good bet.

What do you think the next single will be off HTDAAB in the UK and US?

Just wondering what people are thinking I have a feeling that in the Uk it will be Original Of The Species.. what do you thinkg.. maybe Miracle Drug ?

I have heard also in the US they are releasing Sometimes ??

Yes, Sometimes is officially being released in N.A. this week and has already charted and gotten a lot a airplay. After it peaks and U2 is ready for their 25th anniversary single, COBL will be the next release - worldwide!

U2 needs an up-tempo song as the third single. "All Because of you" is a good option. The problem is the marketing and the promotion of the song...! Bring it to Europe as the third single, put it on the radios, make an original video that can cause impact, and you'll see that it would get in the top 3 here! There's nothing to do with it!
I think U2's albums are always made with one basic concept: any song (or almost any song) from the album is made to be a single. And this is the truth. With the exceptions of One Step Closer and A Man And A Woman, any song from HTDAAB could be a single...

I think that COBL or OOTS or even Miracle Drug could be the third single too... they're very radio-friendly (with some edits...), and they could bring as the final 4th single a surprise as LAPOE or Yahweh... Aren't U2 habitués in making surprises? Who would say that (for example) the Pop order of singles releasement would be that one???

You're all missing the obvious single...
Miracle Drug...
Pefect summer single - COBL would be alright in the fall/winter but NOT summer - Miracle Drug is THE one.

Back
Top Bottom