MERGED--> Next Singles ?+A Single Plan+What do you think the next single will be

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ludilobrate said:
Can anyone tell me if SYCMIOYO had premiere on MTV?I guess SYCMIOYO will be huge SONG<MASSIVE SONG AS EDGE SAID>!

I've seen it twice on MTV2, but Vertigo was played there over and over again, so I guess they didn't like SYCMIOYO that much...
Sometimes is not a fun song like Vertigo so I think it won't be as often plated on MTV as Vertigo. It's a fucked up world....

I chuckle when i see that people can't understand true genius...
What's wrong with Mozz or The Smiths ?

It SEEMS THAT ABOY and SYCMIOYO aren*t on MTV and other music tvs as they SHOULD BE! IT*S A PITTY!

I think that SYCMIOYO is the one of the best U2 songs ever1

Also OOTS is very strong SONG it has big potential for U2 CLASSIC 1

U2girl said:
City of blinding lights
Original of the species

Those two are probably certain. COBL's being rumoured to be the 25th anniversary single and Bono's said that he thinks OOTS will be a hit, so I guess we can expect both of them. Hopefully one of Miracle Drug and LAPOE too.

Sleep Over Jack said:
In what way are The Smiths true genius?

(Morrissey also has an awful voice) :D

First of all- Morrissey's lyrics. I can't think of a bad lyrics that he has ever written.
The live performances, did you see all those people rushing on the stage, trying even to touch Morrissey? these recations couldn't be coused by just any other band...
It's a great band, easily the best english band ever...

And Morrissey has a great voice, i think everybody knows that.

Regarding the music video question, here is the latest status for North America:

ABOY video gets a late push as it rises to #9 this week on VH-1's
Top 20 Countdown, and even more surprising, it rises to #14 on MTV's Top 20! (Updated charts)

On Much Music's Top 30, ABOY rises to #14 and Vertigo falls to #24, with an updated chart due soon

i reckon the single list for this albums will be

Vertigo
Sometimes
ABOY
COBL
***OPTIONAL***
MD/OOTS (Double A side)

Morrissey is one of the best singers of his generation. As a matter of fact, I'd call him the Roy Orbison of his generation. He projects woundedness and sorrow with an ease that only Orbison could touch. On a side note, I saw in some post a few pages back that some people in the industy think that the vocals on Miracle Drug are "crap". I take umbrage with that assessment.
Bono's vocals move nicely through that song. They hit the right note and right time with some authority. I will say though that Bono's vocals are twisted these days. He uses strains and inflections to convey emotion where he used to just use raw power. Overall, I think that HTDAAB will end up being the pinnacle of Bono's fortysomething vocal style because of the way they use both power and creative 'touchings'.

Marr said:

First of all- Morrissey's lyrics. I can't think of a bad lyrics that he has ever written.
The live performances, did you see all those people rushing on the stage, trying even to touch Morrissey? these recations couldn't be coused by just any other band...
It's a great band, easily the best english band ever...

And Morrissey has a great voice, i think everybody knows that.

They haven't changed music like the following British bands:

Rolling Stones
Beatles
The Who
Led Zeppelin

and so on.. so for Smiths to be the best english band EVER they would have had to have a similar effect and influence on the world musical landscape the way those bands did.

I agree Morrissey's lyrics are great, can't find any fault there, but his voice is definitely a sticking point for me, I often feel it drags down the excellent lyrics and music to a point where I feel bored.

Don't get me started on The Smiths. Jesus I hate The Smiths. Girlfriend in a coma, damn I think I would fall into a coma listening to that rubbish. I had a really good discussion about The Smiths on murmurs.com a while back. They really got wound up about me having a go at The 'Great' Smiths heheheeh.

rjhbonovox said:
Don't get me started on The Smiths. Jesus I hate The Smiths. Girlfriend in a coma, damn I think I would fall into a coma listening to that rubbish. I had a really good discussion about The Smiths on murmurs.com a while back. They really got wound up about me having a go at The 'Great' Smiths heheheeh.

You like winding people up, don't you?

..The Smiths are a fantastic, fantastic band.

That being said, they don't quite touch the greatness that is The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Who, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd.

No need for any more conversation on the subject, because that's how it is. Because my opinion is infallible. :wink:

rjhbonovox said:

Fuck, I think I remember that! I used to read murmurs quite a lot but it got quite boring with Around The Sun not exactly being great. The Smiths are definitely one of those indie "sacred cows" you're not supposed to say anything bad about or else you get looked down on in my experience..;)

I've heard that sources near the band said that "City of Blinding Lights" is the next single.........here's hoping as it's the best track on the album.

Marr said:

Couse it's all about Rock and Roll....people should change their mind about U2...too many think it's a band like Coldplay while it's a rock and roll band and it's time to show it selecting the right singles...

People already know U2 is a rock band and not like Coldplay.

Also, All because of you, compared to Vertigo, tanked in the US and was not promoted as much as Vertigo and Sometimes.

As Love and peace is far less catchy then these two and the same limited rock charts on the radio, I think it's better to spread out the crossover and bring on City and Original.

That said, I have a feeling Miracle Drug will be a single :shrug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom