MERGED --->New York remixes woo hoo!!!! + Where's the New York remixes + Bueller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Where's our New York remix mp3s?

I mean, the CD single is out already in Ireland as of a day or two ago, so.... how in hell is it that these haven't found their way online??

I mean that's what the internet's for right?

I mean, come on people, let's get a move on.

I hate having to listen to things for the first time on CD!

Last edited:
hey don't worry my dear wanderer, I still adore every note of every song u2 has ever put out and I'm sure I will love these, too. :) :) :yes:

don't worry sir, i know the rules sir.

would you like that supersized?

New York remixes woo hoo!!!!

Nasty Mix is totally funky and heavy!!! I love it!!!!
No Bono but its very cool.
You PoP dislikers probably won't like it much as its got some dance beats happening.
Wooo hooo this funky speedway car noise thing just zoomed through it hahaa
Im loving this
a bomb just went off
guitar is awesome
and bonos wooo oohhhooos have been done with the guitar and it rocks, baby!!!!
This is hard heavy U2 like I love em. just no Bono though lol!
Im sure many of you will hate it :laugh:

Nice Mix is interesting and kinda atmospheric sounding in the intro..spacey...just got of a more heavy drum beat going and this spacey thing goin thru...

Sorry kids, ive got no way of putting them online. Thats far too technical for me. :slant:

New u2 YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Cool. Thanks for your review Amanda. Gotta wait for mine, they are coming all the way from Oz ;) ...no singles released here...at the end of the world.

Can?t wait!

LOL at your soft conversation guys :laugh:

I?m with you SkeeK...I thought I would wake up this morning and get the new mixes of New York. I?m still waiting though...:yawn:

Nice Mix: As the name suggest its nice little variation, a bit inspired by the live version. The gothic riff has been replaced by the guitar interlude to "In the stillness of the evening...." part, which has been removed lyrically. A nice suttle variation but its a bit boring actually as compared to Nasty Mix.Overall song has a less organic treatement of instruments and makes album version "stripped down to essence"

Nasty Mix: Now this one can set the dance floor on a fire. A pure techno treatment and has a very uniqe instrumentation of Bono's falsetto line. The rave rhythms and punk rock-ish guitar melody work so well. Overall, one of the better U2 remixes.

Last edited:
This is ludicrous.. still no mp3s??

if i don't get my hands on these remixes by tonight, I think I may turn in my U2 fan badge and start listening to polka

Well I'm in Canada and I can buy the single tomorrow. But still! It's the whole principal of the thing you see.

New York remixes....anybody? Bueller?

Well I live in the good ol' US of A that never gets singles from any decent artists except Pearl Jam. Therefore myself, and I'm sure many others haven't heard these new remixes. If anyone from Europe, Canada, or anywhere else can rip some mp3's, please by all means do it and give us a link or something. Thanks.

If only there were record stores in my city was open past 6 :mad:

Last edited:
I'm just replying because I'm curious how long we can get this thread before any MP3s surface. :) It's funny that we have a rip of "Hands," when that hasn't been officially released yet, but not these. They sound promising, though.

I think it's mostly because people tend not to care much about remixes, and generally little about the song new york. so, remixes of new york will be even less popular.

It sucks that people are stupid that way :p

And yes it is entirely ridiculous there's no mp3s and it's released, a pox upon everyone involved!

I greatly prefer the Nice Mix to the Nasty Mix...gotta have lyrics for a song like this, IMHO...but they still r0x0rs my b0x0rs!!!! That's just a little somethin for you CS/DoD'ers out there. :wink:

I'm listenening to the Nasty mix and I like it a lot.

What are you referring to 'nice mix'? The original version?

Back
Top Bottom