MERGED--->New video shot in Spain!! (vertigo?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brachanam9 said:
It's not about kissing butt, it's about maintaining a sense of respect for the other people on this board . Saying something is "fucking stupid" sounds like my 13 year old nephew. I have varying viewpoits as well, I don't agree with everything the band has done, however I'm not going to curse about it and act like an arrogant A-hole. Maybe because I am older than most of you and work in the industry, I am used to different ways of conveying a distaste for something.
I'm probably coming off as a prude or something, trust me, I'm not. And it would be boring if this was a place that was full of robots who worshipped everything the band did "OHMYGOD! THEYRESOOOOOOHOT!!!" etc... I guess it's just the bitter tone is all. Sorry if I sound like an ass, let me apologize in advance for that...

Fair enough. I still think "fucking stupid" is the best way to describe how I feel about the rumors. Did you get mad when Bono said "fucking brilliant" at the Oscars?

MrBrau is entitled to his opinion, but really Brau, you should wait until you see the thing before exploding with such anger! :tongue:

MrBrau1 said:
Did you get mad when Bono said "fucking brilliant" at the Oscars?

No, because it was BONO! OMG!!! OMG!!! :wink:

I guess because we haven't even seen the video yet, that maybe I thought you jumped the gun.. but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion as well as the way the opinion is expressed. If you still think it's "fucking stupid" after it comes out, fair enough...

peace? :heart:

So I just watched the clip from Spanish TV. Nice wiggle from Bono at one point! But man am I ever getting sick of hearing Spanish people talking loudly over the music. Maybe that really IS part of the record!:wink:

Did anyone else let out a little giggle when Bono did the wiggle? (I'm a poet! Ya know it!:wink: ) Only he can get away with that. It looks like they're having a lot of fun.

I think were all u2 fans, and its natural to jump to conclusions sometimes when we hear new stuff about the album, videos, or whatever. But I agree we should all wait until the video is released. I think we should ignore that RUMOR about the target thing or whatever, I'm looking at two things in this article. 1) It is in the dessert, which can become a pretty cool theme for a video 2) It is done by a terrific director. If its anything like Seven Nation Army, :applaud:

Eastlink offering Vertigo filming special

u2eastlink.com has a clip of u2 filming the video for vertigo. its in spanish but i guess you can figure out whats going on.

True !

Yesss, a TARGET, A BIG TARGET, what´s so weird about it? "How to dismantle AN ATOMIC BOMB, for God's sake, It's the official name for the u2 album so.. IT COULD BE !

If any kind of target finally makes it into the video, you'll be all welcome to come , kneel and kiss my feet ;-)

Joke. People around the shooting on the radio have said that, you can give this the credibility you want.

I've seen amazing videos with elephants, lemons and mirrorballs in them so don´t panic, look at the directors !!

People, go to atu2.com to watch some clips of the shooting of the video. You can totally listen to Vertigo's kick ass riff. :hyper: It does sound like a good opener and very Edge like doesn't it?! I love it! I bet that they'll use the desert scenes mostly for the "You're in a place called Vertigo..." bit. Very cool!!!! :up:

hmm...

its all in spanish, so i couldn't understand what they were saying (besdies "Vertigo" ahah)..other than Bono walking around on the beach it wasnt very interesting.

hey, we still might get the "French Waves" in the video, so we can reminisce to all those great, high quality leaks....

I am so friggin' excited now - the LP is really actually coming out - Bono's hair is black, the bvlgari's are on, he's making out with the camera again, things are really good - and yes vertigo has a kick ass riff. If the song is good the guys can dance around a mini druid stone circle for all I care (we've already done the midgets:wink: )

How can you tell what color his hair is from that distance? Are we watching the same video? Anyway, that dance totally has made my day :laugh: .

hair is darker than it has been lately - ways I can tell
1. Fascinated by hair
2. Am girl - fascinated with bono
3. Rewatched clip several times - to the point of being slightly shamed

Roland of Gilead said:
It is a good thing Bono is so F'in full of coolness. Otherwise, he makes Elaine's perfect dance partner. (Seinfeld) :lmao:

LOL...I was thinking of Seinfeld as well while watching that clip.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind being able to shake my hips like that. :)

Maybe the boys will just be crushed by a gaint bomb at the end of the video haha.

Back
Top Bottom