Merged ---->New U2 single - "The Electric Storm"??? + Next U2 Single Electric Storm??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New U2 single - "The Electric Storm"???

Been away from the forum for "a little while" so don't know if I'm behind the times with this one. :confused:

Just wanted to let you all know that the Melbourne newspaper "The Herald-Sun" reported today (25/7/02) that U2 will release a new single October 21 called "The Electric Storm". Anyone heard anything about this. :question:

didn't bono mention it in the spin cover story?

That song was mentioned as a possible song title in SPIN late 2001 and it was actually called "Electrical Storm". Definitely a possibility, if not as a new single, then on the next album.

Interesting to see if they're reaching here bc they know one of the possible song titles or if this is truly a leak.

Either way, it's less than 3 months away and approx. 2 months to US radio release!

Does anyone have a URL to the Melbourne Herald-Sun's article?

I'd like to post the news if I can get a direct link.

Thx!

i love hearing this stuff! :drool:

sooo exciting. wonder if it'll be an opener like Elevation or more of a political statement like Bullet or something totally else and unexpected! :happy:

RUMOR MILL CHURNING...

We're finally hearing rumors out of Dublin about the new songs U2 is working on during the current recording sessions.

Song titles reportedly being tossed around now are "All Because Of You," "Origin of the Species", and "Electrical Storm." That last song was mentioned by Bono as far back as December, 2001, in a Spin magazine article. "Origin of the Species" is another familiar title, and may be a leftover from the All That You Can't Leave Behind or even POP sessions.

We're also hearing that artist/producer William Orbit is currently working with the band in some producing capacity. Orbit co produced Madonna's Ray of Light album, and has also produced for No Doubt as well as remixing tracks by the likes of Blur, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Prince, and many, many more.

Chris

YouTwo.net: 'Electric Storm' reported to be next U2 single

July 25, 2002
Thanks to David for the following:

Today's Daily Telegraph newspaper in Sydney (Australia) claims that the new
U2 single will be entitled "Electric Storm" and is due for commercial
release on October 21, 2002.

spanisheyes said:
RUMOR MILL CHURNING...

We're finally hearing rumors out of Dublin about the new songs U2 is working on during the current recording sessions.

Song titles reportedly being tossed around now are "All Because Of You," "Origin of the Species", and "Electrical Storm." That last song was mentioned by Bono as far back as December, 2001, in a Spin magazine article. "Origin of the Species" is another familiar title, and may be a leftover from the All That You Can't Leave Behind or even POP sessions.

We're also hearing that artist/producer William Orbit is currently working with the band in some producing capacity. Orbit co produced Madonna's Ray of Light album, and has also produced for No Doubt as well as remixing tracks by the likes of Blur, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Prince, and many, many more.

Chris

I was just about to post this.. very exciting :D William Orbit.. that's an interesting concept. :eyebrow:

Next U2 single Electric Storm??

Today's Daily Telegraph newspaper in Sydney (Australia) claims that the new
U2 single will be entitled "Electric Storm" and is due for commercial
release on October 21, 2002.

October is so farrrrrrr away!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, does anyone else notice the picture of Bono in Elevatedmole's icon, he looks like he has a big bump on his head?

Won't bore you with the details........but:D
the first night I saw U2 in concert November 1995, a huge "electric storm" destroyed the town near where I live. They seriously played up a storm that night. I feel they still owe me a church :) but the song will do....very nicely THANK U.....2

cass said:
Won't bore you with the details........but:D
the first night I saw U2 in concert November 1995, a huge "electric storm" destroyed the town near where I live. They seriously played up a storm that night. I feel they still owe me a church :) but the song will do....very nicely THANK U.....2

I am just a little confused....

November 1995????? What show was this? Somehow I think you might 1997, but in the off chance that you didn't, please fill me in.

Peace.

Sorry pop_mofo...I'm the confused one.
November 1993
Would be nice to think I'd been at some unknown U2 gig all on my lonesome...no such luck.

october electric storm :)

There's also a drink called "Electric Storm" according to webtender.com:

Electric Storm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
1/2 oz Irish cream
1/2 oz Goldschlager
1/3 oz Jagermeister
1/3 oz Rumple Minze

Mixing instructions:
Combine all 4 ingredients into a shot glass and slam it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possibly Bono was inspired by that!!!

Last edited:
Image22.jpg

oh sweet lord in heaven above!!!!

if the title is indictive of the musical landscape we will be in for a mind blower!!!!

Well the title Electric(al) storm is very intruging and possibly promising something exciting...William Orbit and U2?

Should be interesting.

Hhhmmmmmm, Electric Storm? With a title like that I can not help but think that the Edge has a guitar treat for us.

If the release date is correct for the commercial single, then you can bet the farm that the song will actually be on radio long before that date. I seem to remember reading about this last week or the week before. The commerical single release date is October 21st, but the radio release date is set for September 16th. SEPTEMBER 16th!!!! That is only a month and a half away!

Plus, if this is follows anything like the last release (All That...), you will no doubt be hearing a snippet of this track at U2.com before that September 16th date.

Back
Top Bottom