MERGED-->New SPIN magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
New SPIN magazine

U2 on the cover.
Big article inside.
Just picked it up about three minutes ago.

No access to a scanner but I just finished reading the article.
Man, I didn't think anyone could top NME or UNCUT for snide little comments thrown in here and there.
SPIN may have beaten them.

I was going to run out and get it, but I'm debating that now. Snide comments? How so?

Dr_Macphisto said:
like what?

OK, maybe it’s not as snippy as I first read it, but there are few things here and there (and knowing how ‘wonderful’ SPIN has treated U2 in the past, that’s probably present in my mind as I read the article)

Here are a few things that stuck out at me:

“…I’m still trying to figure it out while this four-door Maserati backs out of the garage: Is Bono for real, or is Bono full of shit?”

“I had interviewed the Edge earlier that afternoon, and he was also fine (serious and soft-spoken and wearing that stupid skull cap)”

“…explains the Edge in his signature monotone…”

“...I find it hilarious that he actually uses the word forsaken. For the part of 25 years, countless people have referred to Bono as ‘messianic.’ Now he actually talks like Jesus.”

Bono: I hope that doesn’t sound arrogant.
Well it sort of does. But arrogance doesn’t matter when you’re right.

Kind of a backhanded compliment. So in further review, not so snippy, just a little catty here and there.
Snippy does not equal catty.

Also picked up the new BLENDER and they gave the album 4 stars. the yhave a list of U2's 5 star albums:
Joshua Tree (OK)
Achtung Baby (OK)
Best of 1980 - 1990 (ummm...OK)
ATYCLB (ummmm....huh?)

ATYCLB is 5 stars and HTDAAB is 4?
Everybody's entitled to their opinion. That was mine.

Oh...and the new Hall & Oates only got 2 stars...where is the love?

Last edited:
Rafiennes said:
Also picked up the new BLENDER and they gave the album 4 stars. the yhave a list of U2's 5 star albums:
Joshua Tree (OK)
Achtung Baby (OK)
Best of 1980 - 1990 (ummm...OK)
ATYCLB (ummmm....huh?)

ATYCLB is 5 stars and HTDAAB is 4?
Everybody's entitled to their opinion. That was mine.

Oh...and the new Hall & Oates only got 2 stars...where is the love?

maybe it's golf scoring.

doctorwho said:
The women of PLEBA have scanned the pics in this article some time ago. People are "afraid" of PLEBA, but it contains boatloads of info! :yes:

Old news - we had it 5 days ago! :sexywink:

Rafiennes said:
No access to a scanner but I just finished reading the article.
Man, I didn't think anyone could top NME or UNCUT for snide little comments thrown in here and there.
SPIN may have beaten them.

Yeah, you're right. Some of that stuff is pretty damn snide. The writer kind of tries to tie it all up in a nice little package, though, there at the end when he says something about Bono sounding arrogant but being able to back it all up.

boosterjuice said:

Go Oilers!, I'm from Red Deer.

Nice im 45mins away friom you in Rocky Mtn House. Is the HMV in Red Deer opening at midnight, or do we go to Edmonton?

doctorwho said:
The women of PLEBA have scanned the pics in this article some time ago. People are "afraid" of PLEBA, but it contains boatloads of info! :yes:
youre spot on, i never enter

doctorwho said:

I tangled in PLEABA with the claim to be cuter than Bono and I lived. I should be given a medal!

Back
Top Bottom