MERGED ----> New image? + Suit and Tie look for U2????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POPMatt

The Fly
New image?

From atu2.com:

Paul Martin writes in The Mirror that Bono is leading the charge for a new image for the whole band: He wants them to wear "more suits instead of their casual rocker look," Martin writes. He quotes a source saying "It's going to be a new, sharper U2."

:hmm:

I think what he means is he wants them to look more snazzy and poised.

What a crock of $h*t!! Give me a break, Bono's begging them to wear suits. This must be from some sensationalistic, rumor mongering news paper in the UK, huh?

Bono: "Hey lads I rekon we should do the early Beatles look for this album."

Larry: "FOAD, Bono!"

Right.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
What a crock of $h*t!! Give me a break, Bono's begging them to wear suits. This must be from some sensationalistic, rumor mongering news paper in the UK, huh?

Bono: "Hey lads I rekon we should do the early Beatles look for this album."

Larry: "FOAD, Bono!"

:lmao:

EPandAmerica said:
I think that must have been a joke. :eyebrow:

Hell, I don't know, suits could be a good move. Just think.... birthday suits with bow ties & sunglasses. :drool: :drool: Yeah - they could be on to something :combust: HOT with this "suits" idea....... something :censored: HOT!!!!

:lmao:

Suit & Tie look for U2????

Hey,

@u2 is posting an article suggesting that U2 will be wearing suit & ties as part of a promotional gimmick for the new album.

What in the world???

I can't picture this at all!!

"Paul Martin writes in The Mirror that Bono is leading the charge for a new image for the whole band: He wants them to wear "more suits instead of their casual rocker look," Martin writes. He quotes a source saying "It's going to be a new, sharper U2." "

Yeah, we've got one crazy PM running the show here, hehe. Good ol' Paul!

But I can't picture it either. I mean, come on - Adam and Larry, in a suit?! Bono's no trouble, and Edge is iffy (I always end up thinking back to those old high school pictures), but seeing the rhythm section all dressed up to promote the album... My brain rejects the entire idea.

Who is Paul Martin (the columnist) anyway? I know Bono has been schmoozing with our prime minister Paul MArtin, but who is the one they are referring to here?

GibsonGirl said:
Yeah, we've got one crazy PM running the show here, hehe. Good ol' Paul!

But I can't picture it either. I mean, come on - Adam and Larry, in a suit?! Bono's no trouble, and Edge is iffy (I always end up thinking back to those old high school pictures), but seeing the rhythm section all dressed up to promote the album... My brain rejects the entire idea.

Yeah really. Bono, maybe Edge... but I'd like to see them getting Larry to play in a freakin' suit. I'll be surprised if he even has a new shirt for this tour. Those two from Elevation are probably holding up fine. :tongue:

I suppose they've been practicing Staring At The Sun a lot recently?

I'll keep in mind the source is "The mirror" and say I doubt this.

Since when is U2 wearing suits? And to promote the alleged "rock and roll album"?

Well there is that photo with Bono looking like a cross between Elvis Costello and someone else...he's got like a blueish suit on and black rimmed glasses. I dug it. I don't know if it would work on stage though....I wouldn't really care as long as I could see them up close!

Back
Top Bottom