MERGED-->New Blender mag. image

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doc-4837.jpg

You can see Edge thinking, "I hope Larry picked up that CD"....

give me a break

yeah, we get the point.
you're old and you look young
now put your shirt back on, you're not in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Ya know, this image combined with the half naked video shoot images and the title of the album...
I'd say the guys are really comfortable with where they are in their career and are showing off a bit. Either that or interscope told them to show more skin to sell more albums...

They DO LOOK GREAT! :wink:

But I never realized before how short Larry is. Also, I prefer a hairy-chested man (like Bono) as compared to a silky smooth chested type. :yes:

Anyway, the best thing I can say is : U2 IS BACK! :hug:

Also, are those Bono's REAL hands? They always appeared shorter and stubbier to me than they look in this pic. :eyebrow:

Actually Bono's right hand seems to strangely resemble Edge's right hand! Does anyone else see this?

Or have I been looking at these new pics so long now that I'm beginning to see double!:laugh:

Jamila said:
But I never realized before how short Larry is.

Aren't they in the ocean? Maybe Larry dug himself into the sand a bit. I don't think he's that much shorter than Bono. If he were that much shorter than Bono, he'd be less than 5 feet tall...

I think Larry must be standing in a sink hole or something. He's not that much shorter than the others. He and Bono are within an inch of each other, and they're both small guys.

Basstrap said:
give me a break

yeah, we get the point.
you're old and you look young
now put your shirt back on, you're not in the Red Hot Chilli Peppers

come on, give larry a break.
this is a cool, attention-grabbing photo.
the man is hot, why should he hide it?
it's not really very exploitative compared to 99 percent of the female performers on rolling stone covers.........
now if bono had his shirt off, we'd be having another conversation here :)

I can't believe Larry is what 43 years old? And he looks like that???? THE MAN THAT NEVER AGES!!!

"Larry is in a mudhole"...:lol:

I can hear the photographer, "Edge if you look serious, Adam make your smirk, Bono think Africa, and Larry could you stand there and look cool, wait... how about taking you shirt off. Yeah take your shirt off Larry." Guys looking on, wondering why don't they ask us to take our shirt off?

U2 Dork your aviator rules.

Last edited:
Jamila said:
But I never realized before how short Larry is.

Larry's not that short. I think it's because behind the others. He and Bono are pretty much the same size.

U2dork said:

Aren't they in the ocean? Maybe Larry dug himself into the sand a bit. I don't think he's that much shorter than Bono. If he were that much shorter than Bono, he'd be less than 5 feet tall...

He's right.

edge and adam - the cool indie look
bono - the big star look (for me suffering from the "christmas tree effect" - too much stuff on him)
larry - competing for the cover of teen magazines

There's a bit for all tastes in this photo, just as like as in this band.

Man I hope the cowboy hat look isn't the new look. I was liking the new look I saw on U2.com. Oh well... it doesn't make a difference in the long run.

Am I the only one who think Bono's arms look kinda stubby in that pic? LOL. And Adam just looks... I don't know. He looks funny.

Last edited:
Blender Photo

i dont understand the whole standing in the water thing but take a look

u2eastlink.com has it in one of their stories.

also howtodismantleanatomicbomb.com is up and running kinda.

LOL-----I thought I read somewhere that Bono wanted the band to wear more suits. I guess that idea drowned in that puddle they're standing in.

Maybe Larry has that mermaid pulling at his ankles. "Please come back to me! No, I hate you! Please come back to me! No, I hate you!" :wink:

The comment about all the water is is true. I think this all began with Electrical Storm.

As someone who has played a lot with photoshop I can alll but swear that pic was touched up with 'remove graininess' or something. Their faces and skin look unnaturally smooth. It's a good thing to use with people who are starting to show their age, as well as zitfaced teenagers' school portraits;) Mind you now, I'm not criticizing them. They all look fantastic, even without the touch up. :drool:

This picture is awesome! It would be absolutely perfect if only Bono would lose the straw hat.

(Runs to look at "half-naked" pics from the Vertigo video shoot)

they look like the raiders of the lost ark or something like that... a very adventureous look i guess :)

Bono looks like he's trying to keep the equilibrium in that puddle... and the only one who seems really happy to get dirty in the mud is larry lol...

they look fine anyway... i haven't seen a pic like that in a lot of time.

Back
Top Bottom