MERGED ---> NEW album has been stolen... + Edge speaks... + Okay who.. + Stolen CD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe Henry Rollins stole it because he's actually a closet-case U2 fan and wanted to spare himself the embarrassment of buying the CD in public.

mikal said:
maybe Henry Rollins stole it because he's actually a closet-case U2 fan and wanted to spare himself the embarrassment of buying the CD in public.

rollins.gif

Last edited:
The IMDB has reported it now aswell:

U2 Anxious Missing Album Will Appear on Internet

Rockers U2 are anxious their missing new album will turn up on the internet where the songs could be downloaded illegally, months before its release later this year. The Irish band called in police after a rough-cut of their new CD - containing songs from their forthcoming album - disappeared during a photo shoot in Nice, France. Guitarist The Edge said: "A large slice of two years' work lifted. It doesn't seem credible but that's what's just happened to us and it was my CD." The LP - provisionally titled Vertigo - will be the first new studio album from U2 since All That You Can't Leave Behind and has taken six months to complete. U2's management and record companies have expressed their concern at the possible theft.

if this cd is actually stolen and it ends up on the internet it will be downloaded promptly by thousands of u2 fans, make no mistake. however, this won't be a bad thing, we'll end up with 2 versions out there in the end, the uncut one and the solid article when it is officially released, which will no doubt have a few different tracks on it anyway and different mixes. it will not be a tradegy, it will become a collector's item in years to come...

As always, Headache in a Suitcase brings laughter and light to what is a very serious situation! :wink:

Personally, I'm not comfortable with all this tongue in cheek commentary about the missing CD. I think that it's too presumptuous of us to infer that we know what U2 was thinking or what U2 is feeling about this missing music, especially that they would plan such a theft of their hard work for a mere publicity stunt. :ohmy:

But, I love the pic of Henry Rollins stealing the Edge's copy - THAT IS PRICELESS!

:lol:

Headache in a Suitcase - :bow:

kennerado said:

will be the first new studio album from U2 since All That You Can't Leave Behind and has taken six months to complete.

:laugh: :lmao: :lol:

it just got reported on my local radio station as well. this is from the website:
U2 have lost a CD containing songs from their forthcoming album. The album, which has the working title Vertigo, is due out this fall. The CD was lost during a photo shoot.

on KLOS (95.5) here in Los Angeles this lady who was the DJ (can't remember the name but she was on Sunday night at 11 O'Clock [Tick Tock!]) said that the album was due out next year!!

:| :huh: :mad:

Jeez, I'm gone for five days and all hell breaks loose.

After reading the posts (ok, skimming the long-winded and/or wadded-panty posts), I notice that all of the quoted news reports have the exact same wording, like they're all based on the original news report. Where are the updates? The follow-ups? The actual sources for this earth-shattering, time-stopping news?

Where are the songs?

I have a confession to make...and no, I'm not going to the Confessions part of the board because it has to do with the missing album...
I was reading an article about the theft, and it mentioned that songs had already been put up on P2P sites, and they gave a name that I've since forgotten. So...I looked at that site, put U2 in as a search term, but nothing came up on the search.
Then, I put "U2 and mp3" in a Google search, and I got onto a site called Music Club. Again, I put U2 and Vertigo in the search, and came up empty.
What was weird, and the reason I'm writing about this...is it sort of creeped me out. The first site had the name of the site in a language that I think was Greek. The second site had a lot of banner advertising in the Cyrillic alphabet, so it was probably from Russia, or I'm guessing the Ukraine because of the .ua suffix. It wasn't just the language difference...I felt like I was doing something very wrong being there even looking for this music.
I didn't grow up downloading music from the Internet. I've never used Napster. So I'm not familar with the process, and I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was doing something wrong even looking for it.
I'll wait for the album.

Also, keep in mind that whomever reported that there were songs on Overnet probably didn't do their homework, like most of these 'news' sources and that the songs were probably just as fake as all of the other fakes on every other P2P, file-sharing program.

If and when an authentic mp3 pops up somewhere out there, I guarantee you someone will find out about it and it will be posted on this board in a matter of hours.

Everything else has been. Beautiful Day was here first, Electrical Storm was here first etc.

Back
Top Bottom