MERGED-->Neon Lights - U2 @ u2log.com 1 minute clip! + where can i get neon lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland of Gilead

Gunslinger
Neon Lights - U2 @ u2log.com 1 minute clip! No Waves! No Spainards!

Maybe you already knew this, maybe not.

U2log.com has a 1 minute clip (studio recording WITHOUT Spanish dudes!) of Neon Lights produced by Richard Rainey that they posted way back on Christmas Day December 2003. I don't remember this. Anyhow, it is a sweet dreamy clip and I'll be singing this all week.

:drool: Oh Lord new U2 sounds soooooo fricken GOOD!!!!!!
I :heart: it!! Thanks for pointing that out Roland!!!!
:)
Need more new U2 need more new U2 need more new U2 :hyper:

Yeah I downloaded that back when they posted it and never knew what it was from or where they got it from.

I have never been too impressed with the song. It's typical b-side material.

eh...

b side/ I'll listen to it once.
poor choice for a cover imo.

I'm not overly impressed with it (never really liked cover songs) but hey, it's something new! I must have missed the original U2log post about it...

I won't listen to it much either, based on the 1 minute clip. It's fairly tame and boring. Hopefully the drums and rocking guitars will be kicking in sometime later in the song.

How did the Spainards get the whole 4:07 of this tune? Holy! These dudes can get the stuff, eh? This song reminds me of U2's Passengers work crossed with Pop. It is amazing how this track is totally different than the short beach clips that are out there. A different tune than I would expect from the band but nice. Love the piano.

lmixristhebest said:
I won't listen to it much either, based on the 1 minute clip. It's fairly tame and boring. Hopefully the drums and rocking guitars will be kicking in sometime later in the song.
well, most Kraftwerk songs weren't really formed around rocking guitars

unless this is another Kraftwerk that I had not heard about before

Whats that B&W picture next to the neon lights download on the spanish site? Is it a new picture?

Sorry lmixristhebest, no drums - no rocking guitar... just a boring version. B-Side material...
In fact, don't u2 themselves admit they're a really bad cover band?

Let's hope the original B-Side kicks ass...

i don't mind it. it's not anything that will cause me to vomit out of excitement, but it's good.

Yeah, I know Kraftwerk wasn't a guitar rock band but the thing is: when it comes to cover versions, bands have the ability to modify the song they're covering to their liking. Like how U2 took a classic Cole Porter song (Night & Day) and made it their own, by adding modern drums, the electric guitar, and changing the feel from swing to rock. That's all I'm saying.

Rastat said:
In fact, don't u2 themselves admit they're a really bad cover band?

Yes, I believe this is true. The only cover by U2 that really blew me away so far was Satellite of Love and, for the longest time, I really believed that was fat lady singing those high parts. When I learned that was Bono, I had no idea he could pull that off.

is this clip for sure from the same recording as that which is supposed to be on the vertigo single?

I... don't think it's bad really. Not good but not bad...

It just seems so boring from what You can hear so far. Hopefully they spice it up a bit.

You know the B-sides are now for U2's experiments. This is a song that the band liked and covered. Sure it's not rockin' but hell they don't rock on every song. I enjoyed it for what it was, a nice, slower tempoed little ditty.

Where did they get the neon lights mp3!?

Hi,

How do you reckon these guys got the full version of neon lights?

They must have other juicy stuff also!

brownda

Back
Top Bottom