MERGED--> Mercy!!! + Mercy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cask

War Child
Mercy!!!

Well, I cannot get tired of this song, I can almost dismiss the whole "bomb" album (altough I think it´s great) for this song. The heart felt lyrics, I don´t know, but there is something about this song that cannot stop me for repeating it. The lyrics, the emotion, everything about this song seems to be perfect. I really hope this song is saved for a future u2 album, where they finsh it, and it wil be their best song ever. I have only being hearing it for a week or so and I think it is one of their greatest. I think they are saving it for a great release. Íf I had a choice between the whole bomb album or mercy, I would choose mercy, that songs has made things to me that no U2 songs or any song for that matter have made for me before.

Well, if it was on the album, it may well have been my favorite on the album. I think it was a pretty lame reason they had for not including it -- they couldn't figure out what order to put it in, in context with the rest of the songs.

Mark Freedman said:
Well, if it was on the album, it may well have been my favorite on the album.

Agreed.

I don't even like to listen to my official copy of HTDAAB...I like to listen to my burnt copy that I tacked "Mercy" onto.

It is an awesome song, better lyrics and feel than anything they have released in many years. If they could have figured an ending to it, it could have been their lead single, and something that could have put one or WOWY to shame, in my humble opinion. They just have never released such a heart felt song like this before (remember, this is just an opinion, if u feel otherwise please post so without bashing me).

Re: Mercy!!!

Cask said:
Well, I cannot get tired of this song, I can almost dismiss the whole "bomb" album (altough I think it´s great) for this song. The heart felt lyrics, I don´t know, but there is something about this song that cannot stop me for repeating it. The lyrics, the emotion, everything about this song seems to be perfect.

I feel the same way about this song, I just love it. I'm not even going to say how many times I've played it :| and I still don't get tired of it. I don't know what it is about it....

This is supposed to be an HTDAAB b-side at some point right? Or no? I'm getting confused, there's so much stuff coming out so fast. :huh:

It is the first song that I can put on repeat for hours, without getting tired of it. I cannot say it is their best ever, but it has some kind of emotion in it that I cannot describe, but it sure gives me a feeling that no song has given me before, is great, and I hope they release a polished version of it someday, it truly is the best b side ever, and a lot better than most a sides

I guess this just proves how great u2 is: a song, that fans didn´t even know about, is so great that people and fans cannot stop hearing it. The only reason I can think that it was not included in an album is that the song is so huge, that they don´t even know where to make it fit.

I agree, since achtung baby I haven´t heard such a powerful song, I have never so thrilled about a song before. I hope they have big plans for this one, it doesn´t deserve to be a bside, is much more.

Great all this Mercy talk......Now I'm going to have to listen to it one last time before I go to bed. :madspit: :wink:

I also can't find the words to say what feelings and emotions I get from this song. I really feeling like Bono is pouring his heart out but yet it's kind of subtle too, which is nice.

So uh I guess there's not much chance a song like this would make it to tour, at least not until they release it. :lol: I'd just love to hear it performed. Wahhhhh </whine>. :lol: :

since I cannot post a link because of the NEW rules , check DREAMCHASER's signature ....you can find MERCY and others there

Last edited:
I love this song - I'm with Bonochick - HTDAAB feels more complete with this song on it
Considering this song is nowhere on the Complete U2 on ITMS I'm guessing that this will turn up on a single that, even though I have a copy of the song, I will buy (probably as an import). This song live would be amazing :drool:

paulrg said:
Mercy could be a taster of the next album...

now if this were true, i would die happy with a whole album of similar stuff.

'mercy' is one of their best songs ever. there's a lot of great stuff to listen to, but certain songs have the power to mesmerize you, to transport you to another space. 'mercy' is atmospheric and dark, my favourite u2 *mood*. i could listen to this song for hours and hours at a time.

:drool:

dandy said:

'mercy' is one of their best songs ever. there's a lot of great stuff to listen to, but certain songs have the power to mesmerize you, to transport you to another space. 'mercy' is atmospheric and dark, my favourite u2 *mood*. i could listen to this song for hours and hours at a time.

:drool:
<-- my thoughts exactly :)

I'm pleased more people have realised the genius of this song...I also get a great feeling from Mercy..its just amazing. I would easily trade City Of Blinding Lights or Yahweh for Mercy being on the album....anyway it is odd how it leaked...I cannot believe they'd stick it out as a b-side eventually, it HAS to be on the next album!

Last edited:
neutral said:
favorite lines?

mine: happiness is for those that don't really need it :sigh:

yeah, that's a good one.

the lyrics are some of the best they've ever written. the lines before the first chorus are genius, but i think my favourite is:

'you're gravity
searching for the ground
you're silence
searching for a sound'

and this line blows my mind:

'love is the end of history'

Well I'm certainly glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about this song. I like Atomic Bomb alot better having heard Mercy in respect to the whole thing. Easily one of my 10 favs of all time

I think this whole forum is overrating Mercy way too much. I think it's a great song, and would make one hell of a b-side, but I wouldn't frop a single song from HTDAAB for this.

sorry, :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom