MERGED-->May 02 U2 Repeat on Late Night With Conan O'Brien!+ U2 on conan, again?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
May 02 U2 Repeat on Late Night With Conan O'Brien!

May 02, 2006...

Popular late night talk show host Conan O'Brien welcomes U2 to his show for the entire hour -- something he has never done with any other guest.

The band performs three songs, is interviewed by Conan O., and takes part in a comedy sketch, too.

Please note the show is a repeat of the broadcast that officially aired on October 7, 2005.......Yay! Now I can finally tape it :dancing:

:dancing: Hot damn!!! :dance:

I made all kinds of special arrangements to see this when it originally aired... only to have the :censored: cable go out on me 6 minutes into the show and NEVER come back on... I missed the entire show. And Mrs. Edge was gracious enough to send me a VHS that she'd recorded, but my VCR died two days before her package arrived in my mailbox. :faint: Am I cursed or what???? :|

Anyway, this is stupendous news - thanks for the head's up! :up:

one4u2 said:
Where'd the other (rude) posts go? Oh Well better off to wipe away the negativity :happy:

:)

Wonder if they got to keep those posts in their count? :hmm:

indra said:

:)

Wonder if they got to keep those posts in their count? :hmm:

I sure hope so. Getting to Blue Crack Addict status is extremely important to me.

inmyplace13 said:

I sure hope so. Getting to Blue Crack Addict status is extremely important to me.

Obviously.

But getting back to the actual subject...I might actually watch it this time. I think it was on, but I've gotten out of the habit of watching tv now. But parts do sound as if they were fun. :)

indra said:

Obviously.
isn't being a blue crack addict important to EVERYONE????

grumpylove.gif
15 000 posts
grumpylove.gif

inmyplace13 said:

Chat threads! Go for it! :happy:

But oh, I suppose this should be on topic. Wouldn't want to harm my chances of reaching Blue Crack Addict status sooner. So here: I didn't watch the whole Conan O'Brien U2 special and I don't intend on doing so anytime soon.

GibsonGirl said:

Chat threads! Go for it! :happy:

But oh, I suppose this should be on topic. Wouldn't want to harm my chances of reaching Blue Crack Addict status sooner. So here: I didn't watch the whole Conan O'Brien U2 special and I don't intend on doing so anytime soon.

You are both really miserable :censored: This is the 2nd time you've been an :censored: in one of my threads and even this time your posts were deletedand you still come back :tsk: :happy:

:::Back to Topic:::

Last edited:
I have this downloaded on the computer

I kinda enjoy the deleted bits off youtube a lot better

but when I first read the name of this thread I thought it sad may 02 u repeat on late night with conan o'brien, like you were wishing it would happen, like may the light of a thousand suns shine on your day

did that make ANY sense?

bono_212 said:
I have this downloaded on the computer

but when I first read the name of this thread I thought it sad may 02 u repeat on late night with conan o'brien, like you were wishing it would happen, like may the light of a thousand suns shine on your day

did that make ANY sense?

:lol: Kind of like I was praying it would repeat!

one4u2 said:

You are both really miserable :censored: This is the 2nd time you've been an :censored: in one of my threads and even this time your posts were deletedand you still come back :tsk: :happy:

:::Back to Topic:::

:happy:

Any particular reason why you are such a wiseass?

Oh wait maybe because you're so young you are still immature perhaps?

BluRmGrl said:
:dancing: Hot damn!!! :dance:

I made all kinds of special arrangements to see this when it originally aired... only to have the :censored: cable go out on me 6 minutes into the show and NEVER come back on... I missed the entire show. And Mrs. Edge was gracious enough to send me a VHS that she'd recorded, but my VCR died two days before her package arrived in my mailbox. :faint: Am I cursed or what???? :|

Anyway, this is stupendous news - thanks for the head's up! :up:

:eek:

what a double bummer!

GOOD luck THIS time :D :yes: !

I was outside waiting for them.........but my sis taped it for me :hug:!
Cept her VCR/DVD is broken I saw it quicky 2xs ...so if I find the vid copy she made........i'll borrow it....if there's nothing else on there.

bono_212 said:
Deleted bits? You mean the U2 Secrets? Those were not deleted from the original broadcast. Though recorded on the same day, the U2 Secrets segments were purposely shown on seperate nights (the first one was shown the day after the original episode, and the second one a week later) as part of Conan's recurring Celebrity Secrets skit.

one4u2 said:
Any particular reason why you are such a wiseass?

Oh wait maybe because you're so young you are still immature perhaps?

Yes, that's definitely it. :up: Back on topic! :happy:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Deleted bits? You mean the U2 Secrets? Those were not deleted from the original broadcast. Though recorded on the same day, the U2 Secrets segments were purposely shown on seperate nights (the first one was shown the day after the original episode, and the second one a week later) as part of Conan's recurring Celebrity Secrets skit.

OOH...ok, well I got my episode offline, so I had no idea what te original broadcast or subsequent broadcasts were like

and yes, the wish that hte episode would reair was what I was talking about in my first post

:dancing: :applaud: thx for the update headache - didn't see this thread when it first appeared...

Industrial Lucite will replace Crystal as the most common stripper name. :lol:

and I have to post this:

The Edge wears knit-caps to cover the forehead tattoo that reads,

"I...

...heart...

...Urkel?"
edgeheartsurkel6re.jpg

^I was going to ask the same question. Neither my satellite service nor NBC's site list the U2 show as scheduled for tonight.

(From NBC: Tuesday, May 2
12:37 AM Late Night With Conan O'Brien 2219 - JEFF GOLDBLUM, GENE POMPA All New) :grumpy:

The only thing my satellite search turned up was a SNL episode tonight at 11pm EST on E!... and I don't know if it's the Elevation or Vertigo version. :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom