MERGED-->May 02 U2 Repeat on Late Night With Conan O'Brien!+ U2 on conan, again?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
was it on last night, because here connan comes on after midnight, which would make last nights episode appear on May 2 and tonights on May 3.

U2vertigofly said:
was it on last night, because here connan comes on after midnight, which would make last nights episode appear on May 2 and tonights on May 3.
:ohmy: Shit... I completely overlooked that, but you're right. The May 2nd Conan would have been on LAST NIGHT at 12:35am.

:banghead: BOB SAGET!!! It would appear that I've missed the show again. :scream:

damn! I was wondering about that too,but who would have thought of that? You'd assume the May 2 show would be the evening of May 2, not the early morning hours, wouldn't you?

last night's Conan O'Brien was the one with Jack Black. So I don't know if/when the U2 one is scheduled. It's not coming up with I check my Tivo schedule :shrug:

BluRmGrl said:

:ohmy: Shit... I completely overlooked that, but you're right. The May 2nd Conan would have been on LAST NIGHT at 12:35am.

:banghead: BOB SAGET!!! It would appear that I've missed the show again. :scream:

Crap, Crap, I did the same thing duh!!!!!! :banghead: :banghead: I was thinking today May 2nd but tonight would be the 3rd.

I hope your right Lila64!

I know it was the Jack Black one because I was watching it (the beginning). He did 'In The Year 2000' skit with Black. Had to be around the King Kong movie release

I just checked my channel guide again & there is no other U2 listing that it could find tonight besides E's Oct. 2005 episode of SNL.... which was STILL f*ckin' painful to sit through! :yuck: Thank God I had Alton Brown & Rachael Raye on Food Network to help me pass the time between U2's appearances. :up:

Guess all I can do at this point is just check the TV in about 15 minutes & see what's up with Conan. :shrug:

OK... just turned the TV off. :grumpy: No U2. So once again, Fate has conspired to keep me from seeing this particular show. Surely I don't have that much bad karma to work off? :eyebrow:

The 2000 SNL episode ("Beautiful Day") struck me as odd for a couple of reasons.

1. They seem to be singing/playing to a backing track -- I almost thought for a moment that they were lipsynching, but then when Bono changed the lyrics it was clear he wasn't. Still it didn't seem very "live," whereas their performances on Conan definitely were.

2. Edge was wearing a leather jacket and Adam a t-shirt, kind of a bizarro wardrobe world. The only time lately I remember that was Under the Brooklyn Bridge...

3. The camera work was much more choreographed and "framed" than SNL has now, maybe because NBC uses a different type of camera (i.e. stationary versus hand-held/robotic?)

4. They all looked significantly younger (Larry excluded, he's got the portrait in the attic somewhere...) Funny what a difference six years can make. Tho I'm sure I haven't aged a day :)

p.s. if you have TiVo, you can make up a U2 wish list, and set it up to record whenever the band is on. That's how I found the 2000 SNL epi...

U2 on conan, again?!

That's what conan said last night. How the hell hasn't
anyone heard about this yet?

He said "and coming up next week....." and then listed U2 first (because they are on Monday, the repeat) and then all the other guests for next week.

He always says this about his Monday shows which are always repeats. They don't say it's brand new, they just say "coming up next week"

^yeah, it would be nice for some new action in the U2 world....especially on tv!

zzzzconan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom